Karl the Great

New York ◭ March the 30th, 2013

“Karl, are you alright?” – Mario asked more with annoyance than sincere worry in his voice.

“Oh, sorry” – Karl apologized, when he snapped back from his thoughts.

The guy cleared his throat and turned to different angle, putting his one hand into the pocket of dark-green Prada pants. It was the day of Karl's twenty-third birthday and there he was again – standing in front of legendary photographer Mario's camera, wrapped up in expensive clothes at bright New York studio. For some strange reason, Karl couldn't concentrate very well and do his work right. He felt out of place and only wanted to be alone since early morning.

“Okay, we're done. Karl, the photos will turn out great as always, but you seriously shouldn't be so distracted the next time” – Mario muttered.

Karl was glad that the photo-shoot had finally ended, because he knew for sure, that Mario would have killed the model with his precious camera, if he had to deal with such unprofessional person for any other minute. The guy went into the dressing room to change and get rid of make-up. As soon as he left the building and turned to car that he had rented, his mobile phone rang and he looked at the caller's ID before answering.

“Happy Birthday, Spring!” – Karl heard Jessica's jovial voice before he could even greet her.

“Hey, Jessy! Thank you” – the guy replied.

“You're welcome! But you sound really tired. Is everything alright?”

“Yeah, I'm fine. I just finished a photo-shoot and haven't slept very well the previous night.” – he admitted.

“Don't tell me you're working on your birthday! And it's Saturday, for God's sake!” – the girl rolled her eyes, even though Karl couldn't see that.

“Don't worry about me, Jessy. Tell me how have you been? How are things with your man? Thor or whatever his name is”

“Oh, Thor... Well, we broke up” – Jessica giggled slightly.

“You don't sound very upset about it” – Karl said in surprise.

“Well, he just wasn't that great.”

“Oh, I see. Look, I've got to go. Thank you for calling me, Jessy” – Karl thanked, as he approached the car and got inside.

“Before you go, just answer something for me... When are you coming back to Astoria? I haven't seen you since Christmas and, you know... I kind of miss you” – Jessica bit her lip in frustration, not wanting to sound needy.

“You haven't seen me, because I left right after I gave my present to you.” – Karl sighed, leaning into his seat – “There's nothing for me back in Korea now. Well, maybe except you, Jessy... Listen, what if you came to New York for a day or two?”

“Oh... That... That would be great, but I don't really have that much money on me. Besides, I haven't finished my second year at college yet...”

“When come some weekend. I'll pay for your trip”

“Really?” – Jessica asked, full of excitement.

Karl just confirmed what he had said, making Jessica squeal in joy. They chatted for a few more minutes and, when Karl finally hung up, he started the car and drove to his hotel. After talking to Jessica, it was painfully silent for Karl, so he turned up the radio. Sad melody rolled out of the device and Karl let his mind drift away into memories of his birthday last year. As the guy remembered every detail, he gripped the wheel tighter, because he could swear that for a split second he saw Luke, sitting next to him in passenger's seat, playfully wiping few drops of Karl's white substance from the left corner of his mouth.

At the hotel Karl was quick to pack his few things. After giving it a lot of thought, Karl decided to try settling in New York. He had already bought a luxurious apartment near Central Park, now he needed to just transfer his few things from hotel to the new place and buy a car after he would give back the rented one. As the guy was dragging his stuff down the lobby, his phone rang for the second time that afternoon.

“Happy birthday, Karl” – he heard Igor's voice.

“Thank you, Igori” – the other smiled.

“What do you say about going to a club tonight?”

“Sure, sounds fun” – Karl said hesitantly.

After that two guys arranged where and when to meet, and ended their conversation. Karl knew that they wouldn't talk much, when they met, either, but that didn't bother him too much.

Three hours passed and it was already 10 PM. Karl had unpacked, returned the car to car rental and picked up his new one, which only needed its' papers to be signed. The guy dressed himself in black skinny jeans, grey t-shirt with Kendrick Lamar's face on it. Before wrapping himself in black leather jacket and putting his feet in purple vans, Karl called a taxi. By the time he arrived at the club, it was 11 PM.

Karl found Igor within seconds, who was shoving his tongue down some guy's throat in the middle of the dance floor. He tapped Igor's shoulder and the latter turned around.

“Here's the birthday boy!” – Igor smiled, loosening his grip on the other man and hugging Karl.

Karl accepted the hug and a quick kiss on the lips. Igor was all dressed in black, leather pants showing off his tight ass and half-unbuttoned dress shirt forming a v-neck on his chest. Most importantly, Igor already reeked of alcohol, cigarettes and at least two guy's colognes.

“Come, you need a drink” – Igor motioned to the bar.

“You're right, Igori” – Karl nodded, following the other out of the dance floor.

They drank the necessary amount of burning liquid for Karl to loosen up and for Igor to become totally wasted. The birthday boy stayed at the bar with a glass of drink in this hand, while the other was grinding himself at random people, shouting along with the music and just in general moving his body like an experienced hooker. Igor reminded a lot of Luke to Karl that night. The only difference between the two was that Luke would do all these naughty things only to Karl, while Igor was throwing himself at any guy he found attractive enough. When Karl got tired of watching Igor, it was past midnight and he decided that he wanted to go back home. He elbowed his way through dancing people and reached Igor.

“Igori, I'm going home” – he shouted to the other's ear, pulling him closer.

“Sure, let's go. My legs are getting weak”

“No, I'm going alone” – Karl tried to contradict.

“Stop fooling around, Karl. I'm coming with you and fucking you like there's no tomorrow” – Igor
punched Karl's chest.

Karl rolled his eyes, gripping Igor's arm tighter and pulling him out of the club. He caught a taxi and pushed Igor in, getting inside after him. Karl said his new apartment's address and turned to Igor, who was already stroking Karl's thigh with his hand and aiming to attack Karl's neck with his lips, wet and plump from harshly kissing someone else.

They got home fast and Igor threw Karl onto the bed, before the other could even blink. Igor covered Karl's body in needy kisses and licks, before pushing himself inside of the birthday boy. The wasted man was so rough, it made Karl wonder if he himself was always this rough with Luke. He probably was, otherwise the younger wouldn't have said that Karl hurt him.
Igor rolled onto his back after placing a chaste kiss onto Karl's forehead. The latter laid his head onto Igor's stomach, circling his index finger on Igor's hip.

“You're so precious to me, Igori...” – Karl sighed, closing his eyes.

“Ах, как я ненавижу тебя...” – Igor groaned and patted Karl's hair, showing some affection towards Karl, if not with words, then at least with his little action.

“I love you, Luke” – Karl breathed out, letting himself drift into sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
"Ах, как я ненавижу тебя" is in russian and means "ah, how i hate you"