My World Is Upside Down

Chapter One

'I can't believe this is happening to me' Violet thought to herself as she looked at the eviction notice.

She loved her little flat, it got her away from her psycho mother. She began thinking about why this was happening, about how she was gullible enough to lend her friend money expecting to get it back. It had been months now and she had not even seen her friend let alone the money she was owed. And now she was being evicted and just thinking about going back to live with her mother sent chills down her spine. She loved her but she was overly clingy and the 'I told you so' look would be unbearable. She needed help and there were only two people she could turn too. She pulled out her phone and dialled their number.

"Hi, Uncle Mark?"

*****************************

The Next Day

"Are you sure this is alright?" Violet asked looking at her uncle Ian as he drove his car.

"Of course. You are welcome to stay with us as long as you like" Ian said with a smile.

"It'll only be until I get back on my feet" Violet said "I don't want to be a burden on you two"

"Nonsense my dear. You are never a burden" Ian smiled as he pulled into his driveway.

Their house was huge, you could probably fit her tiny flat in there ten fold and still have room to spare. They got out the car and began unloading her things. She let Hal out of the car and he began running around all excited. Ian unlocked the door and they went inside.

"I keep forgetting how big this place is" She said with a smile as her uncle led her upstairs to her room.

"You'll be in here" Ian said while opening the door. "I know it's not the room you're used too but it's more suitable for the long term"

She looked around the room with it's white walls and carpet.

"It's fine" She said with a smile as she placed her things on the bed.

"Who knows we might even let you decorate it" He said with a grin as he placed her suitcase on the bed. "I'll let you get unpacked and then we'll have lunch"

"Ok" She said with a smile opening her suitcase.

"Oh and before I forget. Mark is bringing some people home for dinner tonight. We arranged it last week and it's to late to cancel" He said before leaving.

"You and Mark don't have to put your life on hold because of me, uncle Ian" Violet said with a smile.

"I know. We just thought you might be uncomfortable" Ian said while leaning on the door frame.

"I'll be fine" Violet said walking over to Ian and hugging him. "Besides I'm curious to see who you invited"

A cheeky grin spread across her lips as Ian walked out shaking his head. She unpacked her things as Bunsen walked into the room and jumped on her bed.

"Hey there Bunsen" She said with a smile as she sat on the bed beside him. She stroked him on the head.

She heard the room door open and Ian appeared in the doorway.

"Hey. Are you done?" He asked.

"Just finished" Violet said with a smile stroking Bunsen behind his ear.

"Good. Let's have lunch" He said with a smile.

Violet stood up and walked out of the room with Ian.

*****************************

That afternoon went rather quicker than Violet expected. She had lunch and chatted with Ian and then watched a movie in the living room while Ian did some work. Dinner was creeping up on her and she found herself looking in the mirror at what she was wearing.

"You look great" A voice said from the doorway.

She turned to see Ian stood there. She fidgeted with her top and looked back at the mirror.

"I'm starting to feel really nervous" She said and chewed her bottom lip as she always did when she was nervous.

"It's going to be fine" Ian said walking over and putting his arms around her waist. "You're going to knock them dead"

He kissed her on the head. From downstairs they heard the front door open and the sound of talking follow.

"It's time" Ian said letting go of her waist and grabbing her hand pulling her towards the door. "Remember they're just people"

'They're just people' she thought to herself as they walked down the stairs.

When they reached the bottom of the stairs she saw Mark stood with a woman and two men. Mark must have heard them arrive because he turned around and smiled at her.

"There's my girl" He said.

Ian let go of her hand just in time as Mark picked her up and hugged her. Violet hugged him back and got a little self conscious as she realized people were staring at them.

"Uncle Mark?" She pleaded with him.

"Oh right" He replied and her put her down. "Everyone this is my beautiful niece Violet"

Violet started to feel her face going red.

"Hi, I'm Amanda" the woman said offering her hand.

"Hi" Violet said shaking her hand.

"Hi, I'm Martin" the first man said offering his hand.

'Omg, Martin Freeman' she thought to herself.

She was a big fan of Sherlock and she loved him in the Hobbit.

"Hi" Violet said shaking his hand, the flush in her face growing a little.

After shaking her hand Martin put his arm around Amanda's waist. Finally the last man came up to her and she could not believe her eyes.

'Benedict Cumberbatch. This is too much I think I'm going to faint' She thought to herself as he offered her his hand.

"Hello" He said in that voice that made women melt, her included.

She had a massive crush on him since she saw him in Sherlock and had seen everything he had been in.
"Hi" She said, hoping the nervousness didn't show in her voice as she shook his hand.

"Great, now that the introductions are over, lets eat I'm starving" Mark said.

Violet smiled at this and so did Benedict. She felt the flush in her cheeks grew as she watched him smile. She felt her knees go weak but didn't collapse as her uncle Mark wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her away from Benedict before she made a fool out of herself by fainting in front of him.