‹ Prequel: Loving Henry
Status: Slow updates.

Adoring William

Waking Up Next To Monsters

November, 2007

Getting William to let go of his self-deprecating crap was turning out to be a pointless endeavour. Not to even mention my subtle hints of wanting to be more than just friends.

He was either ignoring me or incredibly thick.

~**~

January, 2008

There was something that I never shared to the people I met in chat rooms and that was what I did for a living.

Being a supermodel wasn’t my life’s dream, but it paid the bills. I grew up in a small town in England and wanted to be an accountant, but my parents didn’t have money; so enter Victoria’s Secret. I could only study part time since I had to work long hours and jet off to other countries half the time, but I was slowly getting there.

Moving to America had been my company’s idea and I liked it here, but I missed home. Britain and its people would always be the country that I carry in my heart.

It was a sentiment that William and I shared.

He didn’t speak to me for three weeks after I told him that I walked on runways for a living.

I don’t know whether that was because he was upset that I kept it from him or upset that I was apparently considered to be one of the most beautiful women alive.

Our lives were turning out to be a huge Beauty and the Beast drama.

~**~

February, 2008

One night we decided to get particularly sloshed and I ended up helping William to the bed. He was passed out before his head hit the pillow. I removed his shoes and socks and saw that he was sleeping peacefully.

I swear the alcohol made me do it.

I’d never been able to touch his face before, since we had an unspoken rule about it.
My hand moved to the whole part of his face, seemingly on its own. He was actually quite handsome, if you looked past the horror side of it.

But I suppose infatuation made you blind.

I bent down and put my lips on the side of his mouth. It was probably the only chance I’d ever get to kiss him.

With the alcohol still clouding my judgement and my body too sluggish to move, I took off my jeans, crawled up beside William and fell asleep.

~**~

Waking up in someone else’s bed was always a strange experience, no matter the circumstances. William’s hand was stroking my cheek and when I sighed his name in greeting, he started to take his hand away, but I grabbed it and placed a kiss in his palm.

He looked at me in shock, but I only smiled and snuggled into him, putting my arm around his waist and my head on his shoulder.

“Katherine, what-”

I cut him off with a sigh, “William, can we just, for five minutes, not pretend that there isn’t more going on between us? Can you give me five minutes to indulge?”

“Wait a minute, what do you mean indulge? Do you feel something for me?”

I leaned up on one elbow and looked down at him. He seemed genuinely confused.

“Oh, for heaven’s sake, William! Do you think I flirt with every man I meet? That I would spend this much time in someone’s company if I didn’t have feelings for them? If you don’t feel the same way, then that’s fine, but can we just stop pretending?”

“Katherine, we can’t be together.”

“Well, why the hell not?”

“Would you look at me?”

“I look at you every day William.”

“Then you know why we can’t be together!”

“You mean to tell me, that we can’t have a relationship because of your bloody face? That’s the dumbest thing you’ve ever said to me.”

“Dammit Katherine, this isn’t a joke. I look like a monster.”

“I’m not laughing. And what? Just because you don’t look as pretty on the outside as you are on the inside, now we can’t be together?”

“We could never go out, never do anything that other couples do.”

“I don’t care if we never go out. That means I get to keep you to myself.”

“Would you think about this for more than ten seconds?”

“I’ve been thinking about this since before I came over on your birthday. I want this William. I want you.”

“I think it’s a really bad idea.”

“We won’t know until we try,” I reached my hand up to run through his hair. He relaxed when he saw I wasn’t going to touch his face. I suppose we had to work on that.
After a couple of minutes of staring at me he came to a conclusion, “Fine.”

I squealed in excitement and flopped on top of him in a half hug, half squashing sort of way. My hands were tangled in his hair and I put my face in his neck, where I then kissed him.

He froze, so I gave him a lick, which made him catch his breath. Unable to resist, I started sucking on his neck.

I sat up, straddling him with my hands on his chest; admiring my handy work, “That’s gonna leave a nice mark. Now everyone will know you’re mine.”

He snorted, “Katherine, I never leave the apartment, nobody’s even going to see it.”

I gave him a grin, “Well, then I guess there is nothing stopping me from giving you another hickey, now is there?”

So I gave him another one. And another one. And another one.