Status: First time writing fan fiction, and really anything. Could use some feedback. Thank you! (:

Hiding in the Open

Chapter Two: Just Peachy

My heart was racing and my pillow was soaked with tears. Some nightmare.

I hopped off my bed and dialed Niall's number, not checking the time, but I needed to talk to him. I needed to see him. As the phone continued to ring, I paced around the room looking for sweat pants and my Ramones t-shirt. The phone stopped ringing and went to voicemail so I hit the end button and called back.

"Hey, it's Niall, I can-.."

"God, Niall. Answer your phone." I hung up and re-dialed the number as I walked out the door.

"Hello?"

"Niall!"

"Ashland? Are you mad? It's 3:30 in the morning!"

"I'm aware of that."

"Then, what in the name are you doing calling me this early?!"

"Okay, I lied. I wasn't aware of how early it was. But, get up. I'm on my way to your house as we speak."

I heard him mumble a few too many profanities then an, "Okay. See you soon," and I hung up.

Soon, I was pulling up in Niall's driveway and running up the steps to knock on the door. Before I could tap on the door, it swung open and Niall was grabbing my raised fist pulling me into the house.

"Whoa. Slow down Flash."

"Shoosh. Now, explain why you're here." He said, dragging me over to the couch.

I swallowed the lump trying to form in my throat and began. "I-I had a nightmare."

He yawned and brought a clenched fist up to his mouth to cover it. "Yeah, go on."

"You died."

"Way to sugar coat it, Ashland."

"How are you supposed to sugar coat someone dying?"

He pondered the thought for a moment and then shrugged his shoulders. "Well, do I get to know how I died?"

I felt the tears start to sting at my eyes. I rubbed at my them for a moment before I started. "W-we were at the park, our park, and we were playing tag or hide-n-seek, or something, and then this guy approached me while I was trying to find you. He stopped me and told me to stay where I was with his eyes an-"

"He told you to stay put with his eyes? Ashland, are you going to get to the point before I fall back to sleep?"

"If you would be quiet and let me tell you, then I might." I said through clenched teeth.

He raised his arms in defense. "You may continue."

"So, he walked around me and towards you, but I didn't see what happened 'cause I woke up." Niall opened his mouth to speak but I slapped my hand over his mouth before continuing, "I woke up into another dream though. I woke up next to you and then next thing I knew I was laying next to the guy. He made it seem like he knew me, but I didn't even know his name, well, at first. I think his name was-"

"Harry." Niall cut me off looking over my shoulder wide-eyed. I followed his gaze and made eye contact with never ending green eyes.

Now would be a good time to wake up Ashland! I pinched my arm but was still staring into his green irises.

Well, isn't this just peachy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hiiiii guys!
Hope you like it (:
Byeeeeee! c: