Status: completed as of 26 aug 2018 (◕‿◕✿)

Kian

The Karaoke Night

Image


“I've been training for this all year!” I hear Eunica exclaim. “All those days I sang in both your cars pays off tonight.”

Matthias says, “You're literally the girl version of James Corden.”

Because of the annual Beasley Karaoke Night, many of the town’s people gather at the Karaoke Lounge.

Darvis Ho and his family first sing along to Smooth Criminal. Before walking off, Darvis moonwalks across the stage, causing everyone to roar. Adalyn and Sid Olsen are next, singing along to Open Arms. Dale Ryckman sings last, belting out his rendition of Without You.

Colton decides to sing a song too. He's dancing, smiling a wide grin while the town cheers him on.

I look up from my phone to see Eunica holding a microphone to my face. She's raising an eyebrow while saying, “Your turn, B.”

I put my phone down and take the mic. I stand up and smile at my friends.

Eunica picks the song Somebody to Love by Queen, and the moment the first note started playing, everyone gushes. It's like the entire town starts to slow down–everyone is swaying, mouthing the lyrics.

I finish the song and Eunica and Matthias are going nuts. Matthias grabs the mic and starts singing Purple Rain. He's doing a dance while singing, getting a little too into it. The people love it.

Eunica and I sit down, sipping on water. I'm tempted to check my phone but instead, I raise an eyebrow at Eunica.

I lean over, crossing my legs. “How did your date go?”

Eunica went on a date last night and when Matthias and I asked how it went, she only responded with emojis.

She lets out a small giggle before answering.

“It was fun. Y'know, at first I thought she wasn’t that into me because on the way there, she wasn't talking much. But once we got to Dave and Buster's, she couldn't stop talking and giggling. It was so cute.”

She continues, “I think we were both nervous, but it was a fun date. After D&B, we got ice cream.”

A smile creeps across my lips.

“B, stop. Don't go all rom-com on me,” Eunica rolls her eyes but she can't stop smiling.

“What’s her sign?”

She chuckles, “Okay, how did I have a feeling you'd ask that?”

We both look at Matthias and he's still singing, swaying to the song. He has his eyes closed, and I have to admit, he's totally killing this song.

Eunica raises an eyebrow, sipping on her drink. She comments, “Matthias told me what happened at the pet shelter.” She watches me nod. ”Jonathan made you uncomfortable, huh?”

I shake my head. “Not really uncomfortable, but in the sense that what he was saying didn't sound genuine.” I watch Eunica furrow her eyebrows. “Does that make sense?”

She sighs. “I think he's probably jealous that his cousin is more “popular” than him around town. I don't know. But it could be because his ego was hurt.”

“He just doesn't make sense,” I breathe. “It's slightly confusing.”

As Matthias sings the last note of Purple Rain, he immediately chooses the next song. He grabs Eunica's hand while leading her to the front of the stage. They both hand me another mic to join along.

Before grabbing the microphone, I feel something buzz in my hand. My attention is averted to my phone.

Image


And I can’t help but smile before singing my lungs out.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the filler chapter but it showed more small town traditions so yay!
fam, the next chap is gonna be wild