Status: completed as of 26 aug 2018 (◕‿◕✿)

Kian

The Mom Talk

I AM IN my room and everything is dark.

A ray of light dances across my walls when Colton walks in.

“You want to watch a video?”

“What kind of video?”

“Something cool.” He smiles, “Do you like Spongebob?”

Mom walks in, saying, “Colton, can you please get juice for Beth? She isn't feeling well.”

Colton tells me watching SpongeBob will make me feel better. I smile, watching him leave my room.

“How's work going?” she asks in a soft voice, sitting on the edge of my bed.

I sit up, pulling my knees closer to my chest. “It's been slowing down. I think it's because I'm almost done.”

She places a hand around my shoulders and squeeze. “Are you excited to be done?”

I shrug. “Happy and sad. I'll miss everyone because they've all been so nice. And they always feed me.”

We both laugh for a while before I fall silent. I look down, blowing out my cheeks.

“You okay?”

I shrug.

“Listen, sweetie,” mom softly says, “You’re amazing. You're beautiful. You're full of life. You're smart and kind. I wouldn't be any more proud of what you’ve accomplished. But with everything I know you are worth, do you know what you want that is worthy of your worth?”

I let out a laugh. A pathetic laugh. “I don’t know what I want, mom.”

Mom squeezes my shoulders again. She says, “Jonathan and Kian are both fine young men.” Without skipping a beat, she continues, “Jonathan has a kind soul; I know he's full potential and that when his weaknesses get the best of him, they only make him stronger; something worth loving. Kian is tender but a tiny part of him is hurting. The thing about him is that it only gets more exciting the more time you spend with him. It takes a great amount of strength to love his gentle soul.”

Another pathetic laugh escapes my lips. But I remain silent, pressing my chin against my knees.

Mom is shaking her head at me the moment I lower my head. “But who is the one who knows your worth, constantly trying to match your energy?”

I frown.

I let my head fall on my mom’s lap. I stare at the ceiling and close my eyes.

“Number one rule, sweetie, is to focus on yourself.” She brushes a strand of my hair behind my ear. I breath softly and listen to my mom. She whispers, “Just do what you think is right and everything will start to fall into place.”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's short :( the next chapters will make up for it!

2 chapters left!!!! I’m so excited!!