Status: completed as of 26 aug 2018 (◕‿◕✿)

Kian

The Almost Kiss

THE SUN IS out, I'm drinking a nice cup of iced coffee (courtesy of Darvis’s Coffee House), I’m starting a new bullet journal spread–everything is going well.

All except the group chat between Matthias, Eunica and I. I start to update them about the almost kiss between Kian and me, and they want details.

A lot of it.

As I shift my attention away from my journal and towards the text messages, I look over at my phone and squint.

Image


I look up from my phone and see an empty town. On a warm Wednesday afternoon, people are probably at work or relaxing indoors.

Near the entrance of Bake n’ Roll, I spot the tips of Kian’s brown hair. Only his brown hair.

Image


I type this as I watch Kian catching my eyes. He's making his way towards my table at the coffee shop while holding onto his bike before stopping in front of me.

“Hey,” he says as his fruity voice echoes in my eye drums, causing my chest to swell.

He adjusts his bag on his shoulders before smiling at me. With a black shirt on, I notice his name tag sitting on the top of his chest.

“Did you just finish work?” I curiously ask, putting down my phone.

He nods. “Yeah, I'm about to head over to one of my friend’s house,” he says and he holds up a small camera. “He’s in need of a new headshot.”

“Half a mile up my house is a pretty cool lake,” I say, pointing up north with my finger. “Scenery is nice up there. Lighting is great. You should head there when you're free,” I say softly before crossing my legs.

“I might check it out one day,” he says, still smiling.

Kian’s shifting his legs, putting weight on one leg. He racks a hand through his hair while lowering his head.

We are staring at each other before he breaks the gaze.

“Are you free anytime this week?” he suddenly says, looking around, not meeting my eyes. “I know you work out of town so and whatnot. Plus I work so…our schedules might clash but I am wondering if—if you are free?”

Kian's still not looking at me. His face reddens, waiting for a response.

“We can probably get some Korean food,” he suggests, tucking his hands into his pockets. “I heard about a good Korean BBQ restaurant we can check out but only if you're, y’know, interested.”

I feel the corners of my lips curl upwards. “The restaurant across the bakery?” I watch Kian nod, finally meeting my gaze. “Sure, I'm down! Yakiniku BBQ House is good! It's not that far from my house.”

“When should—should I get you?” Kian whispers, leaning slightly towards my table.

“I can meet you at the restaurant,” I breathe.

Kian smiles, offering to give me his number. While handing him my phone, our fingers briefly brush against each other for a second. With his touch as warm as his eyes, I manage to hold my gasp.

My phone buzzes for a second while Kian adds his number. Before Kian returns my phone, his face lights up and smiles.

He says a small goodbye before saying, “Text me so we can figure out the details. Date and time!” I watch him get onto his bike, going towards the bike trail near the corner of Beasley High.

Looking at the texts from the group chat, I now realize that Kian saw the notifications.

Image


And now, my face is warm. But all in all, Kian and I are going on a date and I can’t be any happier.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry if the msgs look...off Image I TRIED LOL

hope you're excited as i am for the next chap! #teamkian (lol i'm kidding)