Status: updates weekly

India

10

Alex would never forget the first time that he woke up with India in his arms. It brought him the strangest feeling inside, he felt warm and comforted yet excited at the same time. Surely, sneaking into her hotel room at 1 am was risky, but it was definitely worth it. The feeling of her back pressed against his chest, his arms around her tighty as she slept in his hoodie. Alex couldnt help but notice how peaceful she looked when she was asleep. Nothing could bother her there, everything had to stop and give her a few hours solid rest.
The emotions that woud shoot through his core whenever India touched him or whispered his name was something he was never going to get used too. She brought out parts of him that he had buried long ago. It terified him, if he was honest. Alex knew that if India let him in, he was going to have to do the exact same thing. He knew that fixing this beautiful, broken girl was going to be the hardest thing he would ever do. What had gone so wrong in her life that she ended up this way? He really did hope she would let him help her, let him out her back together. She at least deserved to be whole again.

A small smile graced his lips when India stirred slightly, her eyes fluttering open.
"Morning beautiful." He croaked, voice still hoarse from sleep.
"Morning." She replied, hers soft and innocent.
She rolled onto her back, looking over at him. Their faces were only inches apart, both of them sharing the same pillow.
Alex just laid there contently, his arm still draped around her tiny waist. His eyes brushed over her face, taking in every small detail that he wouldnt usually get to see.
He noticed how truly beautiful her eyes were. Striking shades of blue that were darker on the outside. There were the tiniest flecks of gold around her pupils, only enhancing how perfect they were. Her eyelashes were long and thick, brushing softly across the tops of her cheeks whenever she would blink. Her skin was smooth and pale, only a few soft coloured freckles drifting across the brige of her nose. Her lips were incredibly full and slightly pouted, and Alex decided that he loved it whenever her mind would drift off to another world and she would catch the left corner of her bottom lip between her teeth.
"Why are you looking at me?" She asked softly, extremely concious of just how closely he was studying her. The only thing that was running through her head was how terrible she probably looked and how he was probably thinking the exact same thing.
"You're just so beautiful, i dont understand it at all." Alex replied softly and reached over, his fingertips softly tucking a lock of blonde hair back behind her ear.
He liked the fact that she didnt flinch.
"But im not." She said quietly, her eyes darting to meet his.
She could feel his breath on her lips, his lips parted and slightly chapped. The stubble on his jawline was beginning to show, and she definitely liked that. His eyes were like hot caramel and fire, staring endlessly into hers even when she looked away.
The arm around her waist tightened slightly, and Indias heart raced as he pulled her closer to him on the bed, faces slightly closer.
"You are to me. You're perfect." He said quietly.
India slid her arm out from the blankets and let her hand rest softly on his cheek, just to see how it would feel.
His eyes fluttered shut, and India felt his cheek move as he smiled softly.
"That feels nice." He said quietly. It felt right to have her hand there, to have her touch him without him touchimg her first.
"Dont shave today, i like this." She said quietly, her thumb tracing over his upper lip.
Alex's eyes fluttered open, and he looked directly into hers. No matter how many times he had woken up in the morning beside a naked girl, he would trade them all in if it meant this morning could last forever. Holding India close to his body under tangled sheets with her hand on his face and his face close to hers was by far the most perfect morning that Alex could ever remember,
India's eyes darted up to meet his, and she blushed softly. She wasnt used to being scrutinised this closely by someone. Nobody had taken this much time with her before, to just hold her and tell her she was beautiful and make her feel wanted. Nobody had cared about her enough to do any of this.
She didnt know what ot was about Alex that made her heart go crazy. She saw past his perfect smile and twinkly eyes. She saw how pure he was, how he had a beautiful heart that was willing and kind. She saw how tender he could be, how sensitive he acted around her. She loved this side of him, the side that she sincerly hoped nobody else saw but her. It wasnt cocky Alex who walked tall and proud around school with his friends. It wasnt Alex who came home late from parties and laughed obnoxiously loud with Jack. It wasnt Alex who was sarcastic and smart to teachers and it wasnt Alex who made crude jokes and drank a lot. This was Alex who had a heart of love that he hadnt let anyone have a piece of yet. It was Alex with a crinkled gray tshirt on and messy hair that stuck up cutely in all directions. It was Alex who smiled genuinely when she touched him, and it was Alex who was holding her so delicatly as if he was afraid she would break.
"I dont want to get up." He said quietly after a little while, his hand resting on the small of her back.
"Then dont. Lets just stay here." She said quietly. This moment was too perfect to ruin by getting up.
"But we have to go back to Baltimore today." He said, screwing up his nose slightly.
India chuckled. Her smile faltered slightly. "Whats going to happen when we go back?" She asked.
"What do you mean?" He said, slightly confused.
"Will you go back to being Baltimore Alex? Or will you stay the real Alex. My Alex." She said quietly, her eyes looking up to meet his.
It gave him the weirdest feeling inside to hear her say 'My Alex.'
"Tell me what you need me to be, and i'll try my hardest to be that for you." He whispered.
"I just need you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Second chapter today hell yes