Status: updates weekly

India

12

India woke up on Monday morning with a terrible feeling of dread. She got up and bit down on her lower lip, shivering slightly at how cold it was this morning.
Monday was weigh day, it always had been. She hated doing it, but it had to be done. She needed to make sure she was heading in the right direction.
She walked into the bathroom and pulled out her worst enemy, setting them on the ground. Cautiously, she stepped onto them, hands picking at the scars on her wrists as she waited for the numbers to pop up.
96.2 pounds.
She let out a small sigh, relieved she had dropped her goal of three pounds. It wasnt much at all, but she wanted to be down to 80 for the summer.
India stepped off them and sighed, standing infront of the mirror.
Why was it so hard for her to look at least slightly acceptable? Why did her thighs have to be so huge and her stomach so fat? She hated it. Everything about her reflection made her want to burst out into tears. She didnt understand at all what Alex seemed to see in her.

Alex woke up late monday morning, as usual. Tossing his blankets off, Alex got up and showered quickly, styling his hair expertly before he slid on a pair of black skinny jeans and a new found glory shirt. He grabbed a hoodie and ran out to his car, driving to school just in time for first period.
India had been on his mind ever since Friday night. The way she had clung to him and told him why she was so unhappy had killed him inside. He had seen it coming, knowing that her tiny frame and lack of eating wasnt just due to low self esteem.
He was more determined than ever to fix her, to show her just how beautiful she was.
Alex wondered how Jack would react to all of this. How the school would react.

"Alex, dude you seriously have to get out this weekend. The party scene misses you man." Jack said, sitting opposite his best friend at their table in the cafeteria.
"I know, i probably should. I just cant really be bothered."
Jack looked shocked. "Why?"
"Jack i think im starting to develop an alcohol problem." Alex said, frowning slightly
Jack bit his lip. "And whys that?"
"I cant just have one or two drinks, i have to get absolutely hammered. I feel like i depend on alcohol to have a good time and i dont want to be like that."
"Dude you dont have an alcohol problem." Jack chuckled a little, shrugging it off. "We're young, we're supposed to get really drunk all the time. Its what kids do."
"I dont think i want to do it anymore,"
Jack made eye contact with him. "Whats this really about man?"
Alex let out a sigh, putting his elbows on the table. "I think i like a girl." Alex said.
Jack nearly spat out his drink, eyes blown wide. "You what?! Dude who?!" He said, grinning widely.
"India."
The grin disappeared. "The new girl with the crazy eyes? Alex come on, shes so not good for your rep." Jack whined a little. He didnt want everything Alex worked for over the last few years to just go down the drain.
"Theres just something about her man, i dont know what it is. I cant stop thinking about her, shes different"
"Are you seriously considering like, going out with this girl?" Jack asked.
"I really dont know. I'd like too, but whether or not she would is another story."
"Of course she will, you're Alex Gaskarth man. Shes got no choice."
Trying to explain a girl like India to someone like Jack was hopeless. It was like trying to teach advanced physics to a three year old.
"I mean, are you even sure shes worth it? If she good in bed and stuff? Cause you dont want a relationship with bad sex. Is she cool if you fool around with other girls? Cause obviously you dont want to be completly tied down. And what if she gets all attached? You really dont want that man."
Alex frowned. "Jack you're being a real asshole about this."
Jack looked up. "What? No im not."
"Dude you have no idea how serious i am about this girl. I havent had sex with anyone since I laid eyes on her. That was six fucking weeks ago. I havent even kissed her yet. I slept in the same bed as her in New York, and all i could think about was how perfect it was to hold her. Sex didnt cross my mind once." He said.
Jacks jaw dropped. "So wait, you and her have some sort of weird thing, but you havent even kissed? What the fuck man. Thats messed up."
"I know it is, but i love it. Shes like a challenge Jack, shes not just some easy girl and I love that about her."
Jack sighed. "Alright man. Well, if she really makes you feel this way, then i gueas im all for it. Whatever makes you happy." He said, smiling slightly.
"I just need to figure out a way to actually make her like me." Alex said, sighing a bit.
"That honestly cant be too hard. Invite her to a party or something." Jack suggested.
Alex shook his head. "I dont think she would go."
Jack sighed. "Alex i really hope you know what you're getting yourself into."
"I do, i swear."
Jack just nodded, picking at his food a little. "Theres um, theres a party on saturday. You should come. And actually come this time, yeah? You dont have to drink or anything, it would just be nice ti have you around again."
Alex honestly felt bad for that. He'd blown Jack off way too many times over the past month.
"I'd really like that. Like old times, right?" He asked hopefully.
Jack just nodded, a grin on his face that Alex had truly missed.
"Just like old times."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments pleaseeee