Status: updates weekly

India

14

India got home from school a little late the following Friday night. She'd started walking to school instead of taking the bus, kmowing it would help her loose weight. She couldnt really explain why, but she just felt like she needed to get much skinnier if Alex was going to see her every day. She wanted to be at least somewhat presentable when she saw him. 
India walked upstairs to her bedroom and sighed, tossing her bag on her bed. Off went her sweater and she slid on a long sleeved slightly baggy tshirt, changing into a pair or leggings and some running shoes. She grabbed her ipod and turned it up full volume, drowning out the world when she shoved headphones into her ears.

She ran for what felt like days, when it reality it was only about an hour. Her stomach was killing her, and she knew she would have to eat something small when she got home. It had been nearly a week since she had last binged, which made her happy. A few handfuls of nuts on tuesday and half an apple on thursday was all that was keeping her going. India wondered when she would reach perfection, when she would get skinny enough to wear a bikini or buy herself a pretty dress. It seemed now that she would be stuck with a flabby stomach and wobbly thighs until the end of time. 
She didnt stop running until she got home, her knees shaking as she opened the front door and her heart beating way too fast. Not eating wasnt at all healthy, that much she knew. It did work however, and that was trully all that mattered to her.
India grabbed a small mandarin from the fruit bowl as she walked past, slowly making her way up the stairs into her bedroom. Tossing the mandarin peels in her rubbish bin, she ate each segement slowly, chewing 30 times each mouthful to trick her stomach into thinking it was full. She felt disgusting when she was finished, walking into her bathroom.

Alex had been planning this weekend for the entire week. He wasnt even positive that India was going to agree to it all, but he sincerely hoped so. He had borrowed his uncles truck and put a mattress in the back of it, piling in at least ten blankets and as many pillows as he could get his hands on. It looked perfect. Messy, but perfect. It was simple and he knew she was the type of girl that liked simple. Expensive jewellry wasnt going to get him anywhere with India.
Earlier that afternoon, Alex had climbed up the oak tree beside her bedroom and stuck a note on her window. Now all he could really do was wait.

India stepped out of the shower and towel dried her hair, changing into thick leggings and a baggy green day hoodie. Grabbing a pair of fluffy socks from her drawer, India sat on the side of her bed, sliding them on when she noticed paper stuck to the window outside.
Frowning to herself, she stepped outside quickly to get it, closing the door behind her with the paper tucked in her hands.

"India. It kinda sucks you've been avoiding me a bit since New York. I miss you. Do you think your Mum would mind if i took you for the night? No strings attached. I just want to talk and show you something. I wont hurt you, you have my word. Be outside at 7.
  - Alex"

India bit her lower lip, tucking the piece of paper under her pillow. The thought of spending a night with Alex definitely made her smile. She felt as though she could trust him not to try anything with her, not to hurt her. He had sparked her curiousity too, telling her he wanted to show her something. India sighed, glancing at her clock. It was already almost 7.10. She shoved on her combat boots and grabbed a beanie and her duvet, going outside to meet the boy she couldnt get out of her head.

Alex looked up when he heard her door open. A smile graced his lips when he saw how adorable she looked, wrapped in a duvet with slightly damp hair. She was wearing no makeup, which gave Alex butterflies. A girl not wearing makeup infront of a boy was quite a big thing, especially for someine like her. She looked beautiful though, and Alex decided he liked her better with no makeup.
"Where are you taking me?" She chuckled a little, stopping infront of Alex who was leaning against the side of the truck.
"Its a secret. Do you trust me?" He asked holding his hand out 
India it her lip, taking his hand in hers.  "Not completely. Im trusting you not to hurt me though, so please dont." She said quietly.
"I wont, you have my word." He said and slipped his other arm around her waist, his stomach dropping when he felt how skinny she was. She had definitely lost more weight from when he held her last
"Come on, lets get going." He smiled a little and pened the passenger door for her.

Alex drove for miles. He went past the movie theatre and past thames street. He kept driving and driving until they got completly out of Baltimore, and still Alex kept driving. He wanted to take India to the one place he felt safe. He'd never really shared it with anyone else, it was a placeonly him and his brother knew about. 
Alex drove down a dirt road and slowed down,only stopping when he reached that familiar clearing. There were pine trees and willow trees, and a small lake. Alex had many memories here. Swimming here in summer with Tom while his parents sat and watched from the shore. He remembered trying to make a rope swing and slipping off it, breakinghis arm for thevery first time when he was 8. Alex knew there was nobody else he would rather share more memories at this place with than India.

"Its beautiful here." She smiled soflty omce Alex stopped the truck, taking out the keys
"It is. I come here a lot, just to clear my head. Its not much, but its definitely an escape." He said, smiling slightly.
India reached across and held his hand, linking their fingers together. "Im really sorry i've been avoiding you over the last week." She said quietly.
"Can i ask why?"
"Its really scary for me, knowing that im actually letting someone in. Its my first instinct just to shut off and avoid the situation."
Alex smiled a little at that. "Im really glad that you are though. Letting me in, i mean."
"Im trying my best. I dont know what it is yet, but i know theres something different about you," she said.
That made him smile even more. "I feel the same about you. People never interest me this much, and you seem to be all i can think about lately."
Alex loved the way she blushed slightly at that. 
"Would you like to go for a swim?" He asked.
India chuckled, "Its freezing though."
"So?"
She bit her lip, looking down at her thighs. "It wont be a pretty sight." She said.
"I dont believe that at all." He said, looking down at their hands.
India sighed a little. "You have to promise me that you wont laugh, okay? And please dont think im gross." She said quietly.
"Hey, i could never think that about you. I think you're beautiful." He replied, a small frown on his lips. 
"Just, give me a few minutes okay? I'll meet you iut there." She said quietly.
Alex nodded and shoved the keys in the ignition, turning on the headlights so he could see the water properly. "Take your time." He said softly and kissed the back of her hand, slipping out of the truck.

Alex left his jeans and hoodie on the rocks, keeping his boxers on. The water wasnt nearly as cold as he thought it would be, which was good. He didnt know how long he would have to wait for her. He stood waist deep in the water, back facing the truck as he thought through the situation he was in right now. India had put a lot of trust in him tonight to bring her out here, and he admired that. The thought of her starting to show him trust was rewarding, and it couldnt help but make him smile. Alex bit his lower lip, closing his eyes when he finally heard the door of the truck open. He waited silently as India removed her boots and her tights and her jersey, leaving her only in her bra and underwear.
Her heart felt like it was going to jump out of her chest as she tried her hardest not to think about what she was doing. She didnt want to think about her cuts or how fat she was. Alex was bound to see her like this eventually.
She stood at the waters edge, arms wrapped around herself as she slowly started walking towards Alex, the water cold but nice. She watched how his shoulders would rise and fall as he breathed, and how the muscles in his back rippled every time he would move his arms slightly. 
India stood next to Alex, the water coming halfway up her stomach. 
He finally turned sideways, looking down at her. His lips were slightly parted, his brain working overtime as he took in how beautiful she was. Her arms were thin and frail looking, her chest slightly sunken. The straps of her bra sat delicatly on her shoulders, collarbones sticking out far more than they should. He could see her ribs, and her stomach was concave before it disappeared into the water along with her forearms. Her eyes were as bright and wide as ever, lips pouty and full with a soft blush over her cheeks and slightly pink nose. 
"You're so beautiful." Alex said quietly, his right arm reaching around her waist.
India took a small step closer to him, her heart pounding heavily as she pulled her right arm from the water, wrapping her arm around his neck.
Alex felt his stomach drop when he saw the hundres of scars swiping across her pale skin. Some were extremely deep, and dark purple in colour while some were red and still scabbed. Cafefully, Alex pulled her closer to him,  nudging his cheek softly against her cuts. Acknowledging that he saw them, but letting her know she didnt have to talk about it if she didnt want too. He let his head stay there, eyes connecting with hers as they just stood there incomplete silence, Alexs other arm sliding around her too.

India couldn't understand why he hadn't run off yet. He hadnt called her fat or ugly or disgusting or gross. The only thing he had said was that she was beautiful, and his actions mirrored those words. He handled her like you would handle a priceless, beautiful china teacup. His touches were light and smooth, and it brought butterflies and warmth to her stomach.

Alex smiled softly down at her, his heart beating fast. He knew then that he had to be with her. He wanted to be her everything, be the one to keep her safe and piece her back together. Even if it took him years, he was willing to do it for her.
He walked out a bit deeper with her, stopping when the water was at his chest and at her shoulders. India smiled a little, her other arm wrapping around his neck.
Alex glanced there, his heart breaking when he saw how much worse that arm was compared to the other. One of his hand reached up, and he tilted her chin towards him gently. He watched as she bit her lower lip, eyes locking on his. It was a situation he had found himself in a million times before, but never had it made him this nervous. 
Cautiously, Alex leaned down. He paushed when his forehead touched hers, his other hand rubbing soothing circles on her hip.
India felt his breath on her lips, and her hands threaded into his hair, eyes never leaving his. She glanced at his lips for a second, her head spinning.

The second Alex's lips pressed against hers for the very first time, he felt everything around him collapse. Nothing else in the entire world mattered more than how soft and perfect her lips felt on his. The kiss was different for India. Alex tasted of peppermint and coffee and a taste she couldn't describe. It was gentle and caring, unlike anything she'd had before. It was over far too soon, and the soft sound of parting lips hung in the air as they stood silently, eyes still closed as the two of them assessed just how deep they were beginning to entwine into one another.
♠ ♠ ♠
I actually really like this chapter? Hopefully it lived up to your expectations and all that good stuff. Comments please! And doss anybody want a sequel?