Status: updates weekly

India

06

The school halls parted for Alex as they always did, and he smirked slightly to himself. It was hard to imagine what it was going to be like to graduate and be out of this place. He knew very well that he'd be starting from the bottom again, and that worried him. He'd been on top in Baltimore for as long as he could remember. Him and his friends had always commanded attention. Always had friends. Always got girls. He wondered how much his life would change once he wasnt in highschool.
"ALEX!" Jack yelled from the other end of the hallway, running over to his best friend.
"Guess whats happening this weekend!" He yelled, grabbing onto Alexs shoulders and shaking him,
"What?!" He laughed in return.
"Rian is going to throw a party!" He yelled, grinning.
"Seriously?! Fuck, we only have a couple of days to get someone to buy us alcohol." He laughed and started walking again, Jack right beside him.
"I know! But dude, theres a bunch of Towson kids coming too, and rumour has it theres a new girl there whos insanely hot. Like, out of this world, victorias secret model hot,"
Alex smirked just at the thought of that.
"I'll be getting in there. Whats her name?" He asked.
"Lisa Rocky or something like that, im not sure. But shes blonde, killer smile, and an incredible body." Jack said, repeating what he had heard from people.
Alex grinned. "Sounds good to me. Is the party at Rians house?" He asked, running a hand through his hair as he leaned against his locker.
"Yeah it is. Its going to be sick." Jack grinned as Alex pulled books from his locker, shoving them in his bag.
"Have you seen that new girl lately?" Alex asked oit of curiousity. India had crossed his mind more than a few times lately.
"Not really, saw her yesterday though. I swear she has the skinniest legs i've ever seen." Jack said, shaking his head.
"I suppose. They probably look smaller cause she always wears tights, never jeans." Alex said.
Jack chuckled a little. "You've really taken that much notice of her?" He asked.
Alex bit his lip.
"I dont know what it is about her Jack, shes confusing as hell." He said.
"All girls are Alex, they're a different species. Barely evem human if you ask me." Jack said as the two of them walked to history class. Alex couldnt help but remember she was in this class too.
"I suppose. I dunno, its probably nothing. See you at lunch." He ruffled Jacks hair and walked into the classroom, taking his seat at the back.

India walked in a few minutes after. She was wearing those black tights again, but on her feet were a pair of combat boots instead of converse. Her jersey today was dark coloured with a slight tint of plum, and her hair was down and cascading down her back. She looked tiny as ever, sliding into her seat unoticed by everybody except Alex.

"Alright class, now to finish up on our unit for the semester about ancient rome, we're going to be taking a two day field trip to New York to visit a museum with an exhibit on the roman way of life."
A universal groan found its way around the classroom, falling from everyones lips except Indias. She'd always wanted to go to New York, this seemed like the perfect oppertunity.
"I expect all of you to attend this trip, the school is paying for all of it, so all you will need to bring is spending money." Mrs Harris said as she walked around the classroom, placing a permission slip on everybodys desk.
"Please have these in my next Monday, we leave on the Thursday." She said, walking to the front of the class, beginning the lesson.

"You think you're going to go?" Alex asked as he finally caught up to the blonde girl after class.
She jumped a little, taken aback by his prescence. "Yeah, im going. You?" She asked, focusing on her feet while she walked.
"Yeah, definitely. I love New York." He said.
"Ive never been." She smiled a little, glancing at him as they walked.
It was so risky to be speaking to him at school. People would see. People would hate her for it.
"Really? You're going to love it, its so pretty there." He smiled just thinking about it.
"It looks amazing." She said.
"Promise me you'll sit next to me on the bus? Rian's not going and you're the only other person I want to sit with in that whole class." He chuckled a little,
India blushed, looking down at her combat boots. "Um, yeah. Sure." She nodded, looking up at him.
"Awesome. Hey, my parents were wanting to have you and your parents over for dinner tonight, meeting the neighbours and all that jazz. You think you can make it?" He asked hopefully. Alex had definitely suggested the idea to his parents. And talked them into it. And offered to help cook.
"Um, yeah that would be nice." She smiled slightly.
"Awesome. Does 7 sound okay?" He asked, stopping to look down at her.
"Seven is perfect. I'll see you then." She smiled a bit up at him.
"Perfect." He said, sliding his hands into his pockets. "You look pretty today, by the way. I like your hair down." He smiled a little, noticing her blush.
"I should go to class."

Alex had definitely spent a little too much time in the shower that night. He washed his hair twice just to make sure it was clean, and shaved carefully so he didnt have any nicks on his skin. He got dressed into a pair of black skinny jeans and a red plaid button up, leaving the top two buttons undone like he always did. He styled his hair perfectly and slid on a grey cardigan, pushing the sleeves up to his elbows. As much as Alex didnt want to admit it, he wanted to make an effort for India. He wanted to look nice for her, considering she always managed to look perfect.

Alex jogged downstairs when the doorbell rang at 7.04. He made sure the table was set perfectly and nothing was out of place before he opened the door.
He felt his stomach errupt with butterflies when he saw India standing there. She wasnt wearing her usual attire, which shocked him. Her legs were still covered in tights, but she was wearing a skirt that flared out just a little, stopping mid thigh. Her usual oversized jersey was missing, and she had on a soft blue shirt on in its place, delicate lace decorating the top part ariund the collar. She had on a pair of ballet flats and a black cardigan that was a few sizes too big, and her hair was down, just as he liked it. She was wearing a little more makeup than usual, yet it was still barey anything. Just mascara and a bit of lipgloss.
"You look gorgeous." Alex smiled as he let her in, hugging her in a friendly way. He'd never hugged someone as small as her before.
"Hey honey, im Kate, Indias Mum." Spoke the other lady at the door. She was petite also, yet taller than india. Her hair was jet black and hung to just below her shoulders, her eyes a dark brown shade.
"Nice to meet you, Im Alex." He smiled and hugged her too, closing the door behind them.

The meal went perfectly. Isobel Gaskarth had made italian; spaghetti and meatballs with parmesan cheese and some sort of fetuchine dish that Alex had eaten quite a lot of.
"So what do you do for a living Kate?" Peter asked from his spot at the head on the table.
"Im a lawyer, family business." She smiled and continued eating.
"What do you want to do when you leave school Alex?" Kate asked.
Alex bit his lip. "Not sure yet really. I want to travel a lot, maybe do something with music." He said.
"Ah, a musician!" Kate smiled.
"Alex has a wonderful voice, and he plays guitar and plays piano." Isobel said proudly, causing Alex to blush.
India was floored by this admission. Alex Gaskarth didnt seem like the musician type at all.
"What about you India, what do you want to do?" Isobel asked.
India shrugged her small shoulders, pushing the pasta around her plate. Alex couldnt help but notice that she'd only taken two or three tiny bites.
"Something with art, i just havent quite figured out what yet." She nodded, glancing up at Alex who sat opposite her.
"Oh art, thats lovely. I always wanted to do photography when I was younger, that never worked out though." Peter chuckled.
"I love photography." India said with a smile.
Alex remembered the first night he saw her, how he'd knocked her over in the dirt when she'd been snapping photos of things at the carnival.
India remembered that too. She gave Alex a small smile, glancing back at her plate full of food,
"Arent you going to eat any more love?" Isobel asked her.
India shook her head. "I've been feeling a bit naseous lately, im not too hungry. Thank you so much for this though, its lovely." She smiled,
Alex wasnt buying that for one second. She was all skin and bone, not one ounce of meat on her. She wouldnt eat more than a few bites, and come to think of it, Alex hadnt seen her in the cafeteria at all in the three weeks she'd been at Dulanely.
"Can India and I be excused please?" Alex asked after he was done, and Peter nodded.
"Of course." He said.
"Thank you for the meal Mrs Gaskarth." India smiled and stood up, following Alex out of the room.

"You really do look pretty tonight." Alex said again as he looked up at the stars from his spot on the grass in his backyard.
"Thank you." India replied quietly, a small smile tugging at her lips as she looked up at the night sky.
"I never knew you loved music." India said, playing with the grass between her fingertips.
"Only Jack does. Nobody knows." He said.
"Whys that?" India asked.
"Its not really a tough thing to do, sing and play guitar."
"But you love it." She said.
He shrugged. "I do. It helps me." He said, looking over at her,
India turned her face towards his, smiling slightly.
"Why do you think you have to be like that?" She asked.
"Be like what?"
"One person at school, and one person at home?"
He shrugged. "People at school dont like the real me." He said, not breaking eye contact with her. The feelings this girl gave him were so intense. Even being this far from her felt a million times better than any amount of sex he'd had before. It warmed him from the inside out,
"I like the real you." She said quietly, her breathing shallow.
"Thank you." He smiled slightly, his eyes glancing down at her lips just for a split second.
India knew instantly what he was doing, and she looked back up towards the sky.
Alex bit his lip and looked up too.
"Try and find a shooting star." She said, her eyes looking around at the twinkling mess above him.
"I am." He chuckled.
India grinned when one shot across the sky before him, and she grasped his hand tightly. "Make a wish." She said, her cheeks going red as Alex linked his strong fingers with her small ones.
"Make one with me?" He asked and she nodded,
The two of them closed their eyes tightly and made their wishes. Alex hadnt done something so silly since he was a child. He adored Indias innocence though, the way she was so content with the little things. She was truly unlike anyone he'd ever met.
Alex had never wished for anthing so hard in his life as he laid there on the damp grass with her hand in his, wishing that somehow, someway, he could find a way into her heart. Alex wished for India Hamilton, and nothing more.