Status: updates weekly

India

08

Confusion was literally all Alex had felt since they got off the bus in New York. He grabbed his bag from the bus carrier, taking hers too and slinging it over his shoulder.
Alex didnt understand India at all, and it was really starting to frustrate him. He didnt understand why she despised herself, why she thought she was fat or worthless or any of those things. He didnt understand how she could take his breath away just by smiling at him. Not once in his entire life had a girl ever made him feel like this, and Alex wasnt certain if he liked it or not. It was definitely an adjustment.
It had already been almost three weeks since he had been laid at Rians party, and it was starting to bug him. Sex was his life, it consumed him really. The hot girl from Towson that Jack had mentioned definitely lived up to his expectations. Probably one of the hottest girls he had ever been with. Lisa or something, he was pretty sure that was her name. Yet she still wasnt a scratch on India. His sole focus was getting drunk and getting laid. It was only since India showed up that he had even started to question his choices. Alcohol was his coping mechanism really, his way of release. Nobody judged you for what you did or said when you were wasted, and thats what he liked about it. He could be as loud or quiet or rude or polite as he liked, and nobody could do anything about it. Ending up like Tom was something he was downright terrified of. Not necessarily being dead, but developing an alcohol problem couldnt be too dar down the road for him. It was something Alex had come to accept. He would be an alcoholic, and he couldnt really bring himself to care.

India walked alongside Alex as the class was led into the hotel by Miss Harris. Being in New York was beyond exciting, it was the place on the very top of her list to visit before she died. Everything about this place was beautiful, from the skyline to the way it looked at night, she loved it.

"Alright class, please collect your keys from the front desk. You each have your own room, so go and unpack and then you have the rest of the day free. If you choose to go out, you must go in pairs and stay in pairs. Be back here by 12, no later." She called out.
India grinned a little. Exploring New York for her first time was going to be incredible. She'd just slip out and go by herself, nothing would go wrong. Standing in the line behind a few other people in the class, she finally got her key.
"Where should we go?" Alex asked with a grin, holding her bag out to her.
"Im going by myself." She said, slinging her bag over her shoulder.
He frowned a little at that. "No you're not, you'll get hurt." He said, getting his room key.
"No i wont, i'll be fine." She said, walking towards the elevator with him.
"You wont, please just let me come and make sure you're okay." He pleaded, pressing the button.
A sigh passed her lips. "Alright, fine." She gave in.

Alex waited in the lobby for her, hands in the pockets of his leather jacket. The idea of spending nine hours alone with India was something that appealed to him much more than it should have. Getting her to open up to him fully was going to be incredibly hard to do, he knew that. Alex liked a challenge though, something that no other girls had presented him before.

"Hey, are you ready to go?" She said from behind, and Alex turned around in his heel.
"I am. You look pretty." He smiled down at her. She'd changed into those combat boots and a different sweater, a black jacket over the top. Her hair was down and slightly curled down her back from the braid earlier, and she had on a beanie.
If Alex had one secret weakness, it was a girl in a beanie. He'd never seen a girl pull it off this well though.
"Thanks. Lets go." She said, not waiting for his response before she walked out of the lobby and onto the streets of New York.
"Do you have any idea what you're doing?" He chuckled a bit and walked next to her, looking around a little.
"Not at all. Lets go this way." India declared and started walking to her right, not waiting for him to catch up.
"You're going to get lost." Alex said as he walked up next to her, realising just how cold it was out here.
"Its so beautiful here." She said blissfully, a small smile gracing her lips as she looked around. It was everything she had imagined.
"Do you have a certain place you want to go?" He asked, looking down at her. Alex thought about how perfect it would be if he were to just hold her hand right now. He shoved the thought aside.
"Not at all. I want to get some peppermint tea though, and go to times square when it gets dark."
"Lets go find a starbucks then." Alex said and got out his phones to google where a nearby starbucks was.
"No, lets not." She said, deciding to walk down the stairs to the subway. Alex frowned slightly, jogging after her to keep up.
"Why?"
"I can go to starbucks in Baltimore. We should go to a little hole in the wall coffee shop somewhere, a place we wont be able to find anywhere else," she smiled and looked up at the subway timetable, doing her best to not get pushed around by people.
Alex slipped beside her, his arm finding its way around her waist. He felt her tense up and try to pull away, making him frown.
"I just dont want you getting lost, you're so tiny." He said, staying close to her. New York was dangerous as hell, and there was no way he was going to let anybody touch her.
"Thank you. Come on." She said and pulled his arm away from her waist, her hand slipping into his.
"Where are we going?" He asked in confusion, fingers slipping in between hers perfectly.
"To catch the next subway." She chuckled, weaving through the crowds of people speaking on phones in thick New York accents.
"Wheres it going?"
"Who knows? I guess we'll find out." She said as one pulled up to the platform, doors opening. Hundreds of people got off and hundreds got on, India and Alex included.
He would never fully understand the sense of wonder she got from small things like this. The look of sadness that was constantly in her eyes was often overshadowed by her pure sense of awe in everything she came across.
"You're crazy, you know that?" He chuckled softly, holding onto one of the brightly coloured yellow poles as they began to move swiftly.
"Rather be that than normal." She said, glancing down at their hands for a second. His swamped hers, it was crazy. It felt nice though, they fit together nicely.
"I cant quite say i've ever met someone like you before India." He said, his eyes darting down to hers.
"Whats that supposed to mean?" Blue eyes looked up to meet his, teeth sinking into her lower lip.
"You're absolutely fascinating, and i dont understand it at all." Alex replied,
"Maybe you're just easily entertained."
He grinned. "See? That right there. You have this crazy spark about you, and i get the feeling not many people get to see it anymore."
She blushed slightly, eyes dropping to the floor.
Instinctively, Alex reached up and tilted her head towards him again, his thumb on her chin gently. "Can you stop looking away? You're driving me crazy." He said quietly, gingerly pushing a lock of blonde hair back from her pale skin.
"You make me nervous." She mumbled, leaning her head on his shoulder as best she could with their height difference.
"You're not the only one." Alex said quietly, chin resting ontop of hers. There was honestly no place he would rather be right now in the entire world, than underneath New York on a crowded, slightly smelly subway with India Hamiltons hand sitting perfectly in his,