Status: I am slowly, but surely working on this! Message me for details and I will respond.

Don't Fear the Reaper

Life is a Highway

Life is a highway
I wanna ride it all night long
If you're going my way
I wanna drive it all night long

Lorelei turned up her radio even more, hoping the cars next to her would hear her great taste in music. She received an appreciative honk and a wink from the truck driver next to her. Lorelei grinned and winked back. She was getting quite bored with the desert scenery. Sure, she loved it out here. Hell, she was born and grew up as a young child in New Mexico. But when you’re in a car alone with nothing but cacti and strange old men in cars passing you, the desert can be a lonely and tedious place.

The truck driver passed her and Lorelei suddenly noticed the tingling in her legs. They were falling asleep, which was definitely not an ideal driving condition. She decided to take the next exit off highway 191 and stop for some food. The only promising place to get some grub was a worn down gas station. Lorelei only hoped no truck drivers she had winked at earlier were following her there.
As soon as she entered the station, Lorelei could feel the overwhelming, sweaty feeling of werewolves. Not that she was that bothered, as long as she stayed out of their range of smell she would go unnoticed. An old human man was manning the cash register.

So far so good! Lorelei cheered in her head. She picked up a liter of Dr. Pepper and a family sized bag of snickers and plopped the items on the counter.

“Hello Miss. Will this be all today?” He said in a gruff, lightly twanged voice.

“Yep,” Lorelei responded, popping the ‘p’ sound. She made the mistake of making eye contact with the worker. His eyebrows crinkled as he stared at her.

“Lady, you got beautiful eyes. Are they always that blue? Looks like you got them colored contacts,” he was gaping at her now.

Lorelei heard the screech of chairs against tile behind her. She inwardly cringed, Damn. And she was so close.

The two wolves were approaching. Lorelei decided to do her best to ignore them.

“No sir, it’s just what my mother gave me,” she gave a tight smile and averted her eyes to the side.

“Huh, well, they sure are strange lookin’,”

“Duly noted,” Lorelei murmured back before she could stop herself. She needs to learn to control this snappy mouth of hers.

“Hey there, missy. You just stoppin’ by, or plannin’ on stayin’ for the night?” The wolf to her right asked, leaning in.

“Oh, just passing by. Definitely passing,” she drew her lips into a thin line, trying to keep a lid on what she really wanted to say. She decided to take a gamble and turned to the wolf who just spoke.

He took in a sharp breath and narrowed his eyes, “Those eyes sure are strange, missy.”

“Yes, I believed we all established that. I can’t control my genes,” Lorelei’s eyes bored into his wolfish gold ones, “Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to get going,” she handed the cashier a five and a couple of ones and turned to leave with her items.

“Lady, you gave me too much,” the man cried and tried to hand Lorelei her change.

But she was already out the door.

“Keep the change,” she muttered.

Suddenly, the door clanged behind Lorelei. Both wolves were now in front of her jeep, leaning against it and smirking.

“Hey, witch. You need to learn your place,” the larger one spat and stood up straight. The shorter one had a predatory gleam in his eye as he looked her up and down.

Lorelei looked back in the store. The old man was hunched over the counter, out cold. She turned her steely glare back to the boys.

This was about to get messy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title is a song is by Rascal Flatts. It's a great song. I highly recommend you check it out. It doesn't have any real deep connection to the story. It's just that Lorelei was driving on a highway. The song remind of road trips, which I taken a lot of.
Anyways, hope you enjoyed the story and be sure to listen to the song!
I'll be putting songs into the titles of all my chapters. Just doing this because, fuck it, it's my story and I can do what I want. The title of the story is also a song, by Blue Oyster Cult.