Savior

Prologue: I Don't Love You, Like I Did Yesterday

Spring 1990

“I’m so sick of you...” I said, crossing my arms. “Do you actually love me, Jared? Honestly...because I have nothing to really say anymore.”

He didn’t look up or say anything. I repeated myself.

“Do you love me?” My voice broke slightly, attempting to hold back my tears.

“Yes. Of course I love you, Skylar.”

“Then why don’t you show it...why are doing this to me? --- again?”

I started to think around the time we were in this position --- The first time he slept with some other girl behind my back. I felt sick to my stomach.

“I wish I could tell you...I don’t know.” I shook my head, so upset by those words. “You don’t know? You don’t know. I don’t believe that. Well, can you answer this: Why did hide it from me? Why did you hide it for three whole months?”

“Because I didn't want to hurt you. I wanted to take it back.” He shifted in the chair bit, taking in the all the frustration from me. The gaze from his ocean blue eyes bore into mine but I felt nothing. Even despite the stream of tears down my face. I didn't see the same man who loved, admired, and trusted.

He didn’t want to hurt me? Why did he think that hiding this from was going to ease the pain? If he regrets it...then why didn’t he say anything?

I took a deep breath in, trying to settle my thoughts before saying anything. I never thought this would ever happen. “I’m done with this and done with you.”

“Just please...Give me another chance, Sky. Pleading, he got up from the chair and stepped cautiously towards me. I stood my ground and answered with an simple “No.”

“I want you out at the end of the school year. You’re lucky I’m not such a cruel person“

After that, we never spoke. It was like we lived in separate places. Two different lives never crossing paths, avoiding each other as much as possible.

Before I knew it, Summer came and Jared packed his things. No note. No goodbye. Nothing. I was left to live the rest of my life. Alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was originally from Wattpad so I hope you like it :D