Savior

A Brand New Start

November 2010

As I was walking down the cold, chilly streets of New York City, the wind nipping at my pale skin, I searched for a place with some kind of warmth. I felt lost even though I've lived in the place for years. Last night, my ex-boyfriend/roommate kicked me out because he felt I was taking advantage of him and supposedly stealing his money since I lost my job two weeks before, which I wasn't. I only have one large duffel bag with my clothes, my photos and other small things. I wish that wasn't the case because I'm so tired of walking...and I'm hungry.

I looked up to see a pub about 2 blocks away. Thank God, I muttered under my icy breath. I walk through the glass doors, relieved. I take a seat at the bar area, taking a sigh of pure happiness. I look to my right and see a familiar face. I wonder who that could be, I thought to myself. He looks gorgeous. Blond hair with brown at the root and crystalline ocean blue eyes. He flashes a look at me---maybe he noticed me staring. I look away and blush, embarrassed.

..............

Being here in NYC for Hurricane is nice...if only I could find one more girl to cast...Hmm...I wonder what I should do about that...

Wait, who is that girl? She's been looking at me for a couple of minutes. She's actually quite beautiful. Hmmm that's strange---I mean its normal for women to stare but it isn't long before they come to flirt with me. I wonder what she's thinking. She looks stressed and tired. Maybe I should ask her if she's alright or needs help. "Excuse me, Miss?" I said.

..............

I heard someone...it's that guy I was shamelessly drooling at. I look up to lock eyes with his and almost forgot to answer him. "Uh...yes?" I stuttered.

"Are you okay?" He asked, with a concerned look on his face.

"I'm fine." I lied. I don't know why I did that. He didn't seem dangerous. His eyes revealed that his question to me was him being sincere.

"Are you sure?" He persisted.

I hesitated. Should I tell him the truth?

She looked so lost as I waited for her to answer my question.

Finally. I answered and decided to be honest. "Actually, I'm not okay." He looked back up at me, waiting for me to continue. "My boyfriend---ex-boyfriend kicked me out last night...I'm homeless." He looked at me, shocked about the information I just told him. "By the way, my name is Skylar---Skylar DeCapri." I put out a hand out.

Skylar DeCapri--that sounds way too familiar....

"I'm sorry to hear that. My name is Jared -- Jared Leto." I shook her hand. As if she didn't know that already. I waited for her to flip out, just like every other person did. But, she didn't. Maybe if i wait it out...

"Jared?! I remember you now--- Art School! I haven't talked to you in---what---10 years?!?! How everything? I heard you were in California---congrats on everything with the band--I love the music. You haven't changed a bit! How are you?" I think I scared him. Based on his expression, I probably did. I tried to hide the fact that we had a relationship in the past that I remember so vividly but didn't really end so well. Maybe it's time to start over? Does he remember?

“Just please...Give me another chance, Sky. Pleading, he got up from the chair and stepped cautiously towards me. I stood my ground and answered with an simple “ No.”

“I want you out at the end of the school year. You’re lucky I’m not such a cruel person."

"I'm sorry...I'm just surprised...just wow." I said. He must think I'm nuts. God, he makes me so lost for words even beyond all my incessant chatter.

"Thanks and no problem..obviously you're excited to see me." He said.

"Of course I am. I haven't see you in forever..." Sky said, finally hugging him.

I have no clue why I'd did that...Crap.

.........

The hug felt good...I truly missed her, especially considering the fact that I'm virtually on tour and spend every waking moment of everyday working. But thinking about what happened 10 years ago...I'm shocked she didn't hate me with a burning passion to point where she want to kill me or something. I feel pretty awful about should we split. I should make it up to her. I want her back...

"So back to the whole "having no home thing", do you have any friends that live in New York or anywhere in the area?

"No. I wish I could said yes but all of them happen to be living in different places...to my luck." I shrugged.

"Hey, maybe since you have nowhere to go until me and the guys go back to California, which is probably...i don't know a month from now...you could hang with us. We have a video to shoot here and we love company."

"On tour with you guys, 30 Seconds to Mars? That sounds AMAZING! I'd love to!"

"Great...Let's go to the hotel then." He takes out his hand in front of me.

"Ok." I say as I place my hand in his.

This is going to be fun...