Sequel: Her Story
Status: Done :D comments are welcome

Love is Foolish

Chapter Seventeen

Alex was still trying to understand when the door suddenly opened. She entered the room, looking strong and proud like always.

With a deep breath she went closer to him. Alex was feeling slightly scared not knowing what to expect, went as far away as possible. He didn't miss the hurt look on her face.

She took a deep breath again, let it out whispered I'm sorry and opened his chains. Alex looked at her confused.

"Go." She said coldly. Then her voice warmed and she sounded completely sincere as she said  "I'm sorry. So sorry. Go. I'm not keeping you here. Alex, I'm so sorry."

Alex felt baffled."W-what?"  

"Go, you're free."

Alex was about to go. Then he realized he couldn't. He couldn't leave her. He needed to understand. He just couldn't leave her.

"No." Her face was just so surprised. "What?" She asked.

"I'm not going to leave. Tell me what happened."

"No. Leave right now." She said, getting slightly angrier.

"You at least owe me that. Please explain to me what happened. Just let me understand you for once. I have to. I can't leave you. Please! Just explain. I don't hate you! I'm sorry. I still can't stop thinking about you. You're like this beautiful mystery I can't figure out! Help me! Please." Alex said letting all his emotions out.

Alex saw she was about to close up again, to fake everything and run.

"Please!" He begged. He saw her eyes harden.

"Begging is a sign of weakness." She said immediately.

"I don't give a fuck! I just need to understand."

She frowned and said "You won't. Just go."

She turned around and started to walk away. Alex ran after her, grabbed her arm and said "Please tell me!"

"Let go of me!" She said immediately, shoving Alex away. As Alex held her hand, he saw scar circling her wrist, just like he had, a sign of someone who was in chains for a long time. She turned around and was about to climb the stairs.

"Wait! You have the same scars I have! Please tell me what happened to you!" Alex said.

She spun around looking pissed. "Why do you want to know? Why do you care? It's none of your business! Just go. I'm letting you go. Go away from my life and stay away."

"I care about you. I want to know what you've been through. I want to know why." Alex said.

She started to climb the stairs and Alex followed her. Fresh air hit him along with light. Alex felt confused but happy at the thought of being outside the basement, in the light.

But he didn't care right now. Now he had to understand.

He stood in front of her and said "Please tell me."

She shoved him away and continued walking. They arrived at a living room. It was furnished nicely. She seemed content just avoiding him. She sat down on the couch and checked something on her phone.

Alex sat down next to get and said "Tell me. Please." He asked again quietly.

Alex saw something give in, in her beautiful eyes. He didn't know what it was that made her give in but she took a breath, opened her mouth and told Alex why. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is short. I'm insanely nervous about next chapter. Comments are welcome