Status: Contest Entry

Simon Says

1/1

“So Brian, can you tell me what happened on the night of March 14, 1998 in Huntington Beach?” my psychotherapist asks for the millionth time.
“No. I don’t remember anything. Nothing at all.” I say with a sigh. I still haven’t come to a reasonable conclusion as to why that date is so damn important to my blonde haired, blue eyed doctor. She sighs again.
“Is there anyway you can let me speak to Billy?” She asks sweetly.
“If Billy wanted to come out, you know he would be here talking to you. I can’t make any of them do anything.” I explain to her, again. Repeating the name of someone I do not know, nor have met.

“Alright.” She mumbles, writing something down in her file. “So how have the new medication been?”
“I don’t know. Not too bad.” I look down and play with a loose string on my pale blue, inmate looking, uniform. All of the patients here at St Annes were an outfit that reminds me of something someone in prison would wear. The only difference is that we are separated by colour. There are four colours: black, pale blue, orange, and red. Black outfits mean the patient is no harm to anyone and is alright to leave, but won’t. There are only two people here that wear black, both feel like this is their safe house.

Pale blue means the patient is no harm, but has to stay. Orange is a mildly dangerous person or someone who flips out every once and a while. And red means stay away! Those people are the most dangerous here.
“You still seeing him?” With a sigh, I slowly nodded. I meet with my doctor three times a week. For the past four months I have been seeing a gorgeous raven haired man, with stunning green eyes. I have not told her that I have tried to speak to him though. “Alright, is there anything else we need to talk about?” Before I get the chance to reply I am thrust into my skull. One of the others must want to talk to her.


“Hello Miss.”
“Well hello Billy. How are you?” She says, looking at the grown man as if he were a child. His body still appears the same, but for the new person inside they look nothing like Brian.
“I am alright.” Billy states, looking at the floor.
“Is there something wrong Billy?” She asks, her voice dripping with fake concern.
“Yes, he started talking again the other day.”
“Who Billy? Is it Simon?” The only one of the five alters that she has not spoken too. Billy’s head lunges upward and stairs at her, nothing but fear in his eyes.
“Yes ma’am.” Billy looks down again, clearly uncomfortable.
“May I speak to him?” The blonde haired, blue eyed woman asks politely.
He doesn’t want to talk to you.” He says shyly looking through his eyelashes.
“Then what does he say?”
“Please miss, just let him sleep! Just leave him alone!” Billy starts shouting.
“Okay Billy, calm down.” She says, resting a hand on his shoulder. “Then just tell me what happened on that night in Huntington.”
“I can’t!”
“Billy, yes you can. You know that you, Olivia, Rose, and Simon are all part of Brian, right?”
“Yes miss.”
“And you know that Brian is sick?” He nods, knowing that she isn’t going to give it up. “Then let me help Brian, Billy. You have to tell me what happened on that night.”

I woke up in the same chair, tears pouring down my face. “Billy, please just tell me!” My doctor pleads.
“Billy’s gone.” And with that, she ends our session. Looking at the floor as I walk down the cream colored halls to my room. Once I reach the corridor to which my room is at the end of, I look up only to see him. There he is, wearing a pair of loose fitting jeans and a T-shirt. His beautiful green eyes staring into my soul. I hurried past him and into my room, making sure that he enters after me. “Please, say something.” I beg, needing to hear his voice.

“Brian, please don’t leave me.” His voice so broken and his eyes filled with so much misery.
“I’m not going anywhere. Just please, tell me your name.”
“Zachary, but you can call me Zacky.” His eyes glazing over with a touch of happiness.

“Do I know you?” As soon as those words fall from my lips, the happiness in his eyes disappears and he starts screaming and crying. I cover my ears and close my eyes at the noise the beautiful creature in front of me was making. A few seconds later, everything was silent. I open my eyes to find myself in my empty room.

Brian sat on the floor, playing with a porcelain doll not saying a word to anyone. That was until the head nurse, Pat, walks by, stopping in front of the tv, about five feet away. Placing the doll safely under his left arm, Brian walks on his knees over to the older woman. Lightly, he tugs on her white pant leg making her look down at him.
“Well hello there Olivia.” She says with a smile. Pat has been here for longer than anyone else. She was here when Brian was admitted. Slowly, she learned how to tell if he was himself, or one of his alters. Most of the time it was either Brian or Billy, but lately Olivia has been coming out, making sure she has her black haired, green eyed porcelain doll by her side.
“Hi.” Mumbles the little girl, trapped in a grown mans body. “Guess what?”
“What?” Pat said, still finding it difficult to hear such a childish voice come out of such a strong, well put together man.
“Today is…” Olivia looked down at the doll, playing with the bow on her dress. “My birthday. And nobody remembered…” A small tear falls from those chocolate brown eyes.
“I’m sorry sweetheart, I’ll be back in a minute!” Pat said, wiping the tear from Brian’s face and turning on her heels to the small kitchenette. There wasn’t a whole lot in the hole in the wall kitchen: a microwave, coffee machine, fridge, and a few drawers and cupboards, along with one lone sink. The nurses make sure to keep a small pack of cupcakes in the fridge in case anything like this happens.
Normally, once every few months Olivia comes out and declares that it is her birthday, to get a small piece of cake. After the first few times ended with Brian locked in his room, not eating anything thing for three days because Olivia refused to ‘go to sleep’ or to eat because everyone forgot about her. Once all the head nurses and doctors realized that this is harmful to Brian and his condition, they all agreed to let Olivia have as many birthday’s as she wished.
Once Pat took the small vanilla cupcake with bright pink frosting out, she stuck a lone candle in it and opened the first drawer. Hidden under the utensil tray, was a small dark blue Bic lighter.

A small moan erupted from my throat. My breathing got heavier as I quickened the pace. Another moan fell from between my lips as I ran my thumb over my tip, finally sending me over the edge. “Mmmm, Zacky.” Was all I could moan as I cum all over my hand and stomach.
Lately I have been thinking about Zacky a lot. He makes me feel… whole. Before I can clean myself up, I look over to my right and standing there is the man I just imagined fucking. “I… Ummm….” My brain can’t think of anything to say.

“Where you touching yourself to the thought of me Brian?” He said sitting on the edge of my bed, looking at my hand covering my dick. Gulping, I shook my head. “Don’t lie to me Brain.” He said sternly, wrapping his hand around mine. Even though I just came, I could feel myself start to get hard again. “Were you thinking of me touching you?” I closed my eyes as his hand removed mine from my shaft. I could only nod, finally feeling his hand against me was driving me crazy. “Were you imagining me teasing you?” His hot breath hit my ear and I started to sweat a little. I nodded again as his teeth tugged on my ear lobe. ”Were you wishing I was kissing those lips?” His hand hasn’t moved from my cock, but his other one was lightly tracing my lips as he continued to whisper into my ear.
I couldn’t take it anymore; I turned my head and crashed our lips together. His lips were soft and he tasted like candy. Zacky moaned into the kiss before pulling away slightly and looking over his shoulder. A small pout found its way to his lips, before they were crashed into mine again. His hand started working my cock, making it harder then ever. “You want me Brian?” He mumbled into the kiss. I moaned in response, as Zacky broke away and looked over his shoulder again, before nodding and continuing.

“Brian, you have to remember something from that night.” My psychotherapist sighed.
“I’m telling you, all I remember is going next door!” I screamed, frustrated with her for not believing me.


“Excuse me miss.” Billy said quietly.
“Yes, Billy.” She said, running her hand through her hair in frustration.
“Brian really doesn’t remember anything about that night.”
“Then, please, tell me something.”
“Well… Brian went to his neighbours house and then… Something bad happened.”
“Billy, I need details.”
“Then you’ll have to talk to him

“Zacky, please tell me what’s wrong?” I pleaded with the man I was falling in love with.
“I can’t, he’ll find out.” He whispered, tears falling.

“Babe, no one will find out.” I said calmly, even though I was freaking out and mad on the inside.
“Brian…” He said, sad green eyes looking up at me. “I-I think…” He stopped what he was saying and only continued when he was safely wrapped in my arms. “I think I’m in love with you.” My grip tightened on the man in my lap, but it didn’t stop him from disappearing.


Her blue eyes closed in frustration. She was Brian’s fourth therapist, all of them not getting any information from him about the events of March 14. What happened that night was believed to hold all the answers as to why Brain was here, and as to why he had created so many alters within himself.
She had record of four of the five, Simon being the only one who has never been talked to. Rose was the only one who had a known trigger. She was a sweet old lady, only appearing when a man in a military uniform was around. She and Brian’s other therapists believed that she was the mother figure Brian never had growing up. Brian’s father, Brian Sr., was a military man who was widowed.
Olivia was a little girl who was extremely attached to a porcelain doll. Although no one could figure the importance of this doll, they supposed that she held the childhood innocence that Brian had lost. Billy was, also, a young child but seemed to keep all the alters at peace. She believed that Billy was the strong, stable person in Brian’s life, even though it was undetermined as to why he was so young. Then there was Simon.
“Brian’s here to see you.” A nurse said after knocking on her door, tearing her from her thoughts about the man. She nodded in acknowledgement. Brian walked through the door slowly.
“Miss, something isn’t right.” Billy said, fear and anxiety pouring off of him.
“What’s wrong Billy?” She said, sitting up.
“Simon wants to speak to you.” She was stunned, this is the first time that anyone is going to get to speak to the infamous Simon. Before she could respond, Brian’s face seemed to change. A sadistic smirk fell across his lips while his eyes narrowed.
“Hey, doc.” A cold voice said, the tone of voice changing to one she had never heard before.
“Simon.”
“You know who I am?” A cold shiver ran up her spine.
“Billy has told me a lot about you.”
“Billy,” he paused. “is a smart boy.”
“What happened on that night in Huntington?” She questioned, only knowing the basic information from the police file.
“Use your imagination.” His cold, creepy voice slightly dripped with excitement.
“I’d rather you tell me Simon.” She replied in a stern voice.
“He was a bad man, doc.” Simons voice seemingly getting colder as ‘doc’ fell from his lips.
“What did he do?” She was unsure of who he was talking about.
“He shouldn’t have done it, doc.”
“Tell me Simon.”
“Zacky’s dad was a bad man, doc. He shouldn’t have scared Brian like that, doc.” The police file came rushing back to her. “He shouldn’t have hurt Zack like that. Brian didn’t like that, doc.”
“Simon, tell me what happened.”
“Brian’s neighbour liked to,” Simon paused as his head searched for the right word. “touch him. He liked to touch his son too, doc.” She still couldn’t get used to the lack of emotion in his voice. “Sometimes, he would make Brian and Zack touch each other. What he didn’t know was that after, Brian would comfort Zack and tell him that he would never let him hurt him, doc.
“But Brian didn’t know that Zack’s dad beat and raped him more after he found out Zack liked being touched by Brian. At least, not until that day, doc. Zack’s dad wasn’t supposed to be home, so he sneaked in. Zack was underneath his dad, doc, begging him to stop.”
“Okay, Simon. I know what happens after that.” She said, stopping him from disturbing her even more.

My head was spinning as I looked at my doctor. She was staring at me a look of disgust and pity written clearly on her face. “So you want to use your imagination?” Someone said from my body. How is this possible? I’m awake with one of them still here.
“Miss, please he let us all out!” Someone else screamed from my body.
“Billy, what are you talking about?”
“Something is wrong.” I said. Her face twisted in confusion. Before she could say anything I was out the door and walking down the hall. Within seconds, it seemed, I was in my room listening to four voice and my own inside my head. All I want right now is for them to go away and for Zacky to be here with me. He looked so pained the last time I saw him and I have to tell him I love him too!

The next thing I knew I was in the small kitchenette, opening the first drawer and lifting the utensil tray and grabbing a small lighter. Then I was in my room, bedding on fire and all I could do was stand there, unwillingly.

The flames danced in the dim light of Brian’s room. Brian stood next to his bed, Zacky appearing behind him to his left, resting his chin on Brian’s shoulder. The whole room was on fire, as the flames danced around them Brian’s face seemed to change. First a blonde haired, brown eyed little boy, then a little girl with pigtails. Wrinkles appeared across the little girls smooth skin as an old woman was seen. Finally, a tall, thin, brown haired man with glasses appeared. This man stayed and looked at Zacky, who started screaming as the fire finally enclosed the both of them.

Brian tightly held the naked boy in front of him. They had just done things to each other that two twelve year olds shouldn’t. Brian could feel Zacky’s body shake with each sob. “Zacky, please tell me what’s wrong?” Pleaded Brian.
“I can’t, he’ll find out.” Zacky cried into his lovers bare chest.
“Babe, no one will find out.”
“Brian, I-I think,” A long pause and a few shaky breaths. “I think I’m in love with you.” Brian lay there shocked, all he wanted to do was get away from the smaller, broken boy in his arms.


Days past before Brian decided that he had to see Zacky again. His dad was home, so Zacky’s dad didn’t have to ‘look after him’. Brian ran across the small yard that separated the houses, up the steps, and inside. It was eerily silent, but then Brian heard it. He ran towards the sound and pushed open the door to Zacky’s bedroom.
The sight of his neighbour on top of his son, thrusting into him as his lover cried out in pain and begging him to stop was enough to push Brian over the edge. Brian grabbed the nearest object and started beating the man off of the boy he cared so much for. Brian didn’t stop when the man stopped moving, he didn’t stop when Zack begged him too, he stopped when the object in his hand was so coated in blood that it slipped.
“What… what have you done?!” Zacky screamed at him.
“I-I..” Brain paused and thought about what he had just done. “I did it because he was hurting you.” Brian took a step closer to Zack. “And because I love you.”


That was the night that Brian Haner Jr. killed a man and confessed his love for Zachary Baker. He and Zacky made love and just snuggled for hours. Before, something overcame Brian and he, with the help of Simon, Zachary’s father, killed his lover as well.
That was the night Brian’s condition was born. The night that he got and lost the one thing that mattered most to him. And finally, the night that Billy, Olivia, Rose, and Simon were born. A night that Brian won’t remember, but can’t forget.