Status: Doing my best to get it done.

Reflection

Chapter Two

“Who are we going to see now?” Mulan asked as she looked around the Tardis.

“We are going about 1200 years after your time. We’re going to see Elizabeth Tudor, better known as Queen Elizabeth I. We’re going to the year 1587. Do note, she will not be as… Welcoming as Cleopatra. Therefore, we won’t be conversing with her. Just witnessing a big day in her reign.” The Doctor pushed the lever.

They exited the Tardis into an alleyway surrounded by tall stone walls.

“Welcome to Fortheringhay Castle. Put this over you.” The Doctor handed Mulan a long dark dress, with a shawl. “Then follow me this way.” He walked towards the opening past the alley.
“What’s going on?” Mulan followed him, noticing his change of clothes.

“As I said, it’s a big day in her reign. Place the shawl over your head, don’t want to cause an issue.” The Doctor led her to a group of people around a scaffold.

Soon, a group began to ascend onto the scaffold. One was a woman dressed in red. They had the woman kneel with her head on a block. A man picked up an axe, and raised it over the woman’s head.

Mulan turned away right as the axe fell. She shuddered, and began to look back as the sound of the axe falling came again.

The man then picked up the woman’s head, shouting, “God save Queen Elizabeth! May all the enemies of the true Evangel thus perish!”

As the crowd started to leave, The Doctor led Mulan back to the Tardis.

“So, who was that? And why was she killed?”

“That was Mary Stuart, Queen of Scotland. She’s the cousin of Queen Elizabeth. She was killed for a conspiracy to murder Elizabeth. Elizabeth was known to rid the threats to her crown. However, in her refusal to share the reign, she ended the house of Tudor, for she never married, therefore there were no heirs in the Tudor family. She was followed by Mary’s son, James. Due to her love of the arts, and how she was there for her people, her reign is referred to by some as the Golden Age. And she, is also called the Virgin Queen for never marrying. She never had a man rule with her, and she established the Protestant religion in England. And saved her throne. She ruled for almost forty-five years.”