Status: Doing my best to get it done.

Reflection

Chapter Three

“What great being are we going to see now?”

“Well. We’re kind of going to crash an event. Please put on the gown over there. We want to look our best.” The Doctor pressed the lever as Mulan went behind the changing screen.

When they exited the Tardis, she saw a sign, reading Nobel Prize Ceremony.

“What are we doing here?” She question The Doctor.

“We are here for the presentation of one of the highest honors, to one of the greatest women of the first millennium, and part of the second. Come, let’s sit.” He led her through the people to two seats.

After a lengthy ceremony, they finally rose and began to exit the building.

“So, who were we here to see?” Mulan questioned softly as they approached the Tardis.

“We were here to see Marie Curie. She was the first woman to win a Nobel Prize. She won with her husband and another researcher in Physics. We are in the year 1903. This is five years after the Curies discovered Polonium, though you don’t know what the Periodic Table is, that is a great achievement. She did this while she had a daughter to care for, and next year, she’ll have another. In a couple years, however, her husband dies. She takes over his teaching post, becoming the first female professor at the Sorbonne. And in 1911, she becomes the first, and for over century, the only woman to win two Nobel prizes. Though, her research is what leads to her death in 1934. But, her daughter does also earn a Nobel prize. And in 1995, she becomes the first woman buried in the Panthèon in Paris.”