Status: Just a one shot!

Fighting Won't Do It

One

I stayed up yet again, waiting for Tom to come home. It seemed as though he kept coming home past midnight every night now. I only stayed up because I cared and I wanted to make sure he got home safe. I sat on the sofa with my glasses on and reading my book. It was 2 am and I had finished 5 chapters when Tom finally came home.
“Hey babe, how was your day?” Tom asked me.
“It was nothing, I just cleaned and read my book all day. Where were you?” I asked him.
“I was at the recording studio all day Alexis! Why do you keep waiting for me and asking me where I was? Do you not trust me or something?” Tom started to say getting upset and angry at me, which started to scare me. I get scared whenever someone gets upset and angry at me, and this didn’t happen often with him.
“I-I’m sorry Tom, I just was wondering, I wanted to make sure you came home safely.” I said.
“You don’t have to worry about me! I’m old enough to take of myself! You’re so annoying sometimes!” Tom said. I started to get upset and offended. I wasn’t going to take this shit.
“I only fucking stay up to make sure you’re okay and not hurt or something. I have no family here, Tom; I left the US for you. I need to fucking know where you are in case something fucking happens to me and someone needs to find you! I’m sorry for caring about you and myself!” I yelled at him.
We kept going at it for another good hour. Things were thrown at each other, across the room. This was by far, the worst fight we’d ever had.
No tears came down either of our face until Tom said, “And you wonder why no one is ever around you! Maybe if you weren’t so damn clingy people would be around you!” That was when I lost it and started bawling. I had only two friends here in England. Dating a famous boy band member made it difficult to trust people.
I ran into our room, slammed the door, and locked it. I was in the room for about an hour crying. I felt like I had just ruined my relationship, just because I cared about him. I finally calmed down a bit and unlocked the door and opened it to go out for a walk when Tom fell back on the floor.
“Tom, what are you doing outside the door” I said with my voice still shaky from all the crying.
“Waiting for you to unlock the door and so I could get in and apologize to you.” He said.
“Why would you apologize, It’s all m-“ Tom cut me off and jumped to his feet.
“No, no, Alexis. This is not your fault. It’s mine, I was upset because I couldn’t get my parts right and I took it out on you because you cared about me, and I got mad. I was in the wrong. I’m so sorry for what I said. You’re not clingy. I promise.” He said, wiping a tear from my eye, and himself tearing up.
“It’s okay, I understand. Thank you for apologizing.” I said, looking directly into his perfect, almond-shaped, brown eyes. Tom cupped my face with his rough, gentle hands, looking directly back into mine and kissed me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been thinking about making a part two.