Status: One Shot

You're Not Easy to Love

We Could Have Been Together Forever

**Jenna's POV**

We were best friends. I really didn't know why, but we were. That friendship was ruined, by jealousy and tears. Well, I wouldn't say that it was ruined but I was not the same. We are a couple now. Everyone says that we have a destructive relationship. That's how Jeff and I work. He is different now, not as romantic as he used to be. It all started when I told him that I was pregnant. He cheats on me, all the guys have told me. But I can't leave, at least I think I can't.

"Jenna!" I sighed and placed the book on the table. "Jenna!"

"I am coming Jeff. I am very pregnant, give me a break." I said as I rounded the corner into the kitchen. He was sitting at the island on the computer. He didn't even look up when I walked into the room; he sat in his chair smirking at the computer screen. "What would you like Jeff?"

"We have to go in twenty minutes to that special dinner."

"I am well aware of that." He still didn't look up. I walked to stand behind him and peered over his shoulder. Just as I had suspected, he was talking to some girl online. "Jeff, what are you doing?" I asked while leaning more into his shoulder. He switched tabs quite quickly.

"Nothing, don't worry." I rolled my eyes and placed my hand on my hips.

"Who is she this time?" He blinked at me but did not respond. "Who are you sleeping with now?"

"No one. Why do you have to jump to conclusions?" I sighed.

"I know about the cheating. People have told me. Do you know how humiliating that is to me? I am pregnant with your child!" He rolled his eyes and shut off the computer.

"You stopped having sex with me after everything happened, what was I supposed to do?" I stood there in shock. "You were so distant."

"My mom died. My mother is gone forever. So normally, I was distant. I was grieving."

"Don't use that excuse Jenna, I know its because you didn't want to hurt the baby."

"Jeff, I am not stupid. I know that having sex cannot hurt the baby in most cases."

"But I am stupid?" I nodded. "Oh really?"

"You are stupid to think this cheating can continue. It ends today, or else."

"Or else what?"

"I will leave." He chuckled loudly.

"Jenna, we have been together for three years. You moved to L.A. for me, you could never leave." I felt tears roll down my cheeks.

"Why do you do this to me?" I asked through tears. His demeanor changed instantly. He walked over me and wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm sorry baby. Don't cry. Please don't cry. The stress is bad for the baby."
He rubbed my back slowly and softly pressed his lips to my head. "I love you Jenna, I really do. I will stop, I promise."

"I love you too."

o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o00o0o0o0o0o0

"So everyone, we have an announcement about our baby." Jeff said while standing at the table. We were out to dinner with his teammates and some of my friends to celebrate our baby. I am due in a month, so this is the last opportunity we will get to do this.

Everyone stopped their conversations and turned to look at Jeff. He cleared his throat before pulling me up with him. "We are having a boy!" Everyone started cheering and clapping. "We chose a name too, Jackson Finn Carter." As expected, everyone stood up and congratulated us. After things had died down again I was left at the table with Mike Richards and Jarret Stoll.

"So, how are you feeling?" Mike asked me. Jeff and him are extremely close, so he knew about the violent morning sickness I had at the beginning of the pregnancy.

"I feel great. But he makes me nervous." I gestured to Jeff who was chatting up some blonde at the bar.

"I'm so sorry we had to tell you." Jarret said while putting a hand on my arm.

"I would rather know then be left in the dark." They both nodded. "I just don't think I can be with him anymore. Everything is so complicated with him. I thought we would be together forever but now it doesn't seem that way at all. Sometimes I think he just wants to be single again."

"So leave him!" Mike replied. Jarret and I both stared at him with blank expressions. "I realize that you are having a baby together but he doesn't make you happy anymore. Don't try to deny it, I can tell. I want you to be happy, you are one of my best friends." I felt myself tear up again.

"He doesn't seem to think that I can leave him. I'm not sure I can, especially with the baby coming." Mike put his hand on mine.

"Jenna, I have known you for a long time, this isn't what you wanted. I know you want to have a family but you don't want to raise your son like this. Your mom wouldn't want this either." I laughed, but I should have been crying.

"My mom hated Jeff. She wouldn't want us to be together anymore at all, let alone have a baby together." I paused for a moment and looked over Mike's should at Jeff. He appeared to be slipping the blonde his number. In that split second I had made my decision. "If I left I would have nowhere to go."

"Jenna, you could stay with me. Stay as long as you like." Mike replied. I took a deep breath.

"Okay, I’ll do it."

"Okay, do you want me to help you at all?" I nodded. "Jarret and I will be in the car out front then." With that, he was gone. I stood from seat and made my way over to Jeff and the blonde. I wrapped my arm around Jeff's waist craving his body heat.

"Hey babe, this is Megan. She was our waitress." I smiled brightly at the blonde skank who was going to sleep with my Jeff. I stuck out my hand to shake hers.

"Hi, I'm Jenna!"

"Megan, congratulations by the way. You look great!"

"Oh thanks! You are so brave to wait on our table, we can be quite the group." She smirked in response. "Jeff, Mike is taking me home. I'm not feeling well."

"Okay, I shouldn't be gone too long." I nodded before kissing his cheek and waving goodbye.

o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

**Jeff's POV**

I stumbled into the house around 2 that morning. That Megan had kept me interested once Jenna had left. I noticed that Jenna's shoes weren't in the closet. Actually the whole seemed empty and quiet. I made my way up the stairs to our bedroom to see my worst nightmare. All of the drawers were open and empty. All of her clothes were gone. I ran into the bathroom and her toothbrush and hair stuff was gone too. I slowly made my way down the hall to the nursery. I opened the door only to see an empty room. I pulled out my phone and called her but it went right to voice mail.

I slowly stood up and walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. I opened the fridge door to get a beer when I notice and piece of paper on the island. I picked it up and instantly recognized Jenna's writing.

Jeff,

Things between us are too complicated. I can't bring a baby into this environment. I saw it in your eyes tonight. You won't stop. You will never be faithful to me, and I can't be with you. You never thought I would leave but I did. I had to. I cannot live the way we were. We barely spoke while you were out on the road. You go out more than you stay at home. I have lost track of the times I have smelt some other woman's perfume on your clothes. Have fun being single, and I hope you had fun with Megan tonight. I don't know if you thought I was too stupid to notice but I saw everything. I won't keep Jackson from you, and you can still be at the hospital but we won't be living with you. I am staying at Mike's. I am telling you this in case you have any baby related issues, not so you can come and harass me.

I really did love you. I'm sorry if you felt I was distant after my mom passed. You need to understand that she was my mother. I looked up to her, I loved her, and now I never get to see her again. She will never know that I am pregnant with Jackson. He will never get to see how her smile lights up the room. Anyways, thank you for everything you have given me but you are very hard to love. I can't have that kind of complicated in my life anymore.

Jenna


I set the letter down and threw my beer at the wall. As the glass shatter I chuckled. Who would have ever thought she would leave?
♠ ♠ ♠
This s for the NHL Shuffle Song contest. Wish me luck! I hope you liked it!