Status: Dat dat dadda dat dat dadda! Circus afro, circus afro! Polka-dot, polka-dot afro!

Master of Mine

Early Morning

-v---v---v---v---v---v---v---v---v---v---v---v---v---v---v---v---v---v-

My day begins with a swift kick to my side. It's Derek Kingsly's face that I wake up to see.
"Get up you stupid waste of space. I'll skin you if it's your fault that we're late!", he snarls, pearly white teeth gnashing and murky brown eyes flashing. The family I spoke briefly of before is the Kingsly family. They are my owners and I'm much like a pack mule to them.
Vampires are the ones that rule the Earth. Humans are merely playthings for their amusement. We're taken from our parents at a young age and sold as slaves. We are not people, nor things of anything substantial, we are objects. And we must do as our masters order or we are terminated of our life.
I stand up from my small cot in the basement and bow to my master. He backhands me, much like you would swat a fly, and smirks as I lay bleeding on the ground.
"We leave in ten minutes.", he told me flatly before leaving. I climb back to my feet and wipe the blood from my mouth. Bastard made my teeth cut my upper lip.
Unlike other humans, I was bitter about my lot in life, however I hide my rebellious side. Seeing other members of my race act like mindless zombies in the presence of our superiors made my blood boil. More often than not, I carelessly speak back to my masters and it results in the many scars that adorn my body. It's a petty thing, but it gives me a small relief to know that I'm still in control of how I act. Even if I usually decide to comply to the wishes of the bloodsuckers.
Sorting through my measly amount of clothing, I chose a pair of black pants and a white T-shirt. Throwing them on and looking in the small dirty mirror that they provided for me, I take in my appearance.
A short boy looked back at me, with short dark hair and hazel eyes. Thin, almost painfully from the lack of food I was given, I looked weak. I'd been told by vampire friends of my masters that I had a desirable look about me. What they were speaking of, I don't know. No matter how I turn and stare, I still see a puny looking human as my reflection.
I ran my hand through my hair once to put it in place and inspected the cut on my lip. It was small and would heal easily. Derek had done worse things in one day.
Speaking of Master Derek. . . the narcissistic bastard was probably waiting for me. I shouldn't keep him waiting unless I wanted another injury.
I took one last look in the mirror and sighed before I climbed the wooden steps up to the living room. The Master and Mistress Kingsly were waiting, silently sitting in the kitchen. Their slaves were waiting by their sides on their knees. As was to be expected.
Delilah, Henry, and Max were the other human slaves of the household. I had never been able to talk and actually converse with them, but I could tell by their glazed expressions that they held no appeal to me anyway. Their rooms were directly connected to their master's bedroom, in case there was an emergency feeding needed during the night.
Feeding. . . I shuddered at the idea.
Vampires held enough kindness to us humans by deciding that we weren't allowed to be fed upon until the age of seventeen. For a vampire to feed from us, it causes a bond to be formed. That bond will cause a human to be connected to that vampire for the rest of it's life. Therefore, on a human's seventeenth birthday, it's master will feed from it, thus creating a bondage of servitude.
Henry had taken my places as Derek's blood provider for, but I only had a year left until it was my turn to take his place. It scared me. The glazed, bovine look seemed to be more common in humans that had been officially bonded to their masters. Almost like their will had been sucked out along with their blood.
A smack to my face woke me out of the stupor I'd been in.
"Look at me when I speak to you, you sack of shit!", Derek yelled, his features twisted in rage. Not only did I not want to be bonded, but I certainly didn't want it to be to this abusive ass.
I looked back at him now, with alertness in my eyes. He growled, "We're leaving, grab my backpack and hurry out to the car, I'll be waiting."
Master and Mistress looked at his display with approval. They were just as biased as their son. Humans were nothing but dirt in their opinion. I walked over to the island of the kitchen and grabbed Derek's backpack, bowing lowly to the regal pair before leaving.
Derek was waiting out in the car as he said he would be. I climbed into the passenger seat and waiting in silence for him to start the car. We were going to school.
School was a place for both humans and vampires. Vampires were taught the high classes, including Math, the Arts, Science, and other high level lessons. Meanwhile humans were taught classes such as Culinary, Metal and Wood, classes that would help us better serve our masters. The only classes the two species had together was History, Lunch, and Physcial Education. Phys. Ed. consisted of the vampires beating the shit out of the humans. In between classes the humans were expected to carry their master's books and shit.
In an odd way, I was happy to go back to school. The summer had been horrendous. Trapped in a house with the Kingsly family as a human wasn't a pleasant experience. I still had bruises from the many beatings that occurred each week.
At least now I could get away from them for a few hours a day. Still, it was my last year of freedom before my real bondage began. I had better live it up while I can.
While I was thinking to myself silently, Derek pulled up to the school and shoved me violently against the car door to get me to move. Rubbing my shoulder, I got out and looked upon the brick prison before us. Vampires were walking elegantly into the institution, their humans trailing behind like dogs with their tails between their legs.
In a similar fashion, I followed Derek in.
-v---v---v---v---v---v---v---v---v---v---v---v---v-
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and love my friends. Please. . .?