I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

My Big Baby

I woke up to the sound of Skip barking. I let out a groan and rolled over in bed, not wanting to wake up. A few moments later I felt someone jumping on my bed and I didn't even have to look to know who it was.

"Jake," I groaned. "There are things I miss about living with you but you waking me up is not one of them!"

"I miss it," He chuckled, smacking me with a pillow.

"I don't," I countered, smacking him right back. "Why are you even here this early?"

"I was on my way to the track but I wanted to talk to you. I went to Ryan's house though because I thought you'd be there," Jake said.

"Well I had to work on some drawings and I need to pick up a few things for Ry and get some more clothes so I just came back here last night," I explained.

"Don't tell Ky that or she'll be camped out in the living room," He chuckled.

"Don't I know it," I ran a hand through my hair.

Jake looked up at me and started, "I got a chance to talk to Ryan though and he told me...about how you feel about Ky not thinking you can take care of him."

"Jake please don't say anything," I begged.

"Why not?" He asked.

"Because it's nothing, it doesn't matter and I love Kylee so much. I don't want to tell her that I think deep down she doesn't like me for her brother," I mumbled.

"Why do you always do this?" Jake huffed, running a hand through his blonde locks. "You always just bottle this stuff up and never say anything!"

I just shrugged and stared at my hands. Jake let out a sigh before wrapping an arm around me saying, "She just has a hard time letting go of Ryan. You two are great friends and you shouldn't let this hinder your friendship."

"She's the best sister-in-law," I smiled.

"Well...she will be once you and Ryan get married," Jake countered.

"No, she is now because I think of you as my brother," I honestly said.

"I think of you as my family," He softly replied, rubbing my back.

"Aw," I cooed.

"Okay, sensitive moment over," Jake snickered.

I rolled my eyes at him before getting out of bed so we could share a warm hug.

"So can I tell you something?" Jake grinned and I nodded. "Okay you can't tell anyone, not even Ryan."

"What?"

"I think Ky's pregnant," He beamed.

"Really?" I buzzed. "Oh Jake! I'm so happy for you guys if she is."

"I don't know but I just have this feeling," Jake said.

"I hope she is," I smiled as he nodded. "I know I've said this before but I love you guys together. I love Kylee dearly but I have a special spot for my Jakey, and I'm glad you have someone that loves you to come home to every night."

"I'm glad too," Jake beamed. "Now go take care of your big baby of a boyfriend!"

"He's not a big baby!" I defended.

"Yeah he is," He chuckled.

"Oh and this is coming from the guy who gets a temperature of 98 and stays in bed for a week because he thinks he's dying," I teased. "I think you're the baby!"

"We're both babies okay!" Jake laughed.

"Well Ryan's hurt and he's allowed to be a baby, I'll still take care of him," I pouted.

"I kind of like it when Ky will baby me so I'm sure Ryan likes it, so go," He snickered, pushing me toward the door.

This guy is such a goof but I always feel better after I talk to him. I hope he and Ky have an adorable little baby though, that would be so cute! But for today, I'll just tend to my adorable big baby.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?