I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Oh, You Know... Pregnant

Just a few seconds after Kirstie left, Jake came home. I wasn’t… expecting that! I needed time to prepare and this was not good! This exciting news was just found out and I didn’t have any creative ways to tell my husband! What a horrible wife!

“You look beautiful today,” he grinned as he came into the living with me and wrapped me up in him.

“Stop being cute! I have to tell you something,” I whined teasingly and nuzzled into his chest.

“Ok, what?” he chuckled and started to gently rub my back.

“I don’t know… how to tell you this…” I tried to drag it out.

“Just tell me,” he was encouraging. Before I could say anything else, he pressed his lips against the top of my head gently. Aw!

“So, Kirstie came over,” I started.

“You guys ok?” he countered while starting to run his fingers through my hair.

“I think so, but… she asked what was in your little mystery bag from this morning,” I couldn’t keep my smile away.

“Oh?” he raised an eyebrow now.

“Mhm,” All I could do was giggle!

“And?” he showed that he was getting excited.

“We didn’t know what to do with it…” I teased him.

“Babe!” he groaned.

“I’m kidding!” I laughed at his reaction.

“You… took them?” his eyes filled with so much hope.

Unable to speak from how big my smile was growing, all I did was nod my head. From the grin that was starting to take over his own face, I could only imagine that he already knew what I was going to say next.

“So, are you…”

“Yeah,” I beamed.

“Serious?!” his whole face was light up. It was the cutest thing!

“You’re going to be a daddy,” I confirmed and cupped his cheek.

I only got a few glimpses of his gorgeous smile before I leaned in and pressed those plump lips a quick kiss. He didn’t let it get too far. He pulled away with that same sparkle in his eyes.

“Have you told Ryan?” he had to ask.

“No,” I answered. Is he crazy?

“You have to!”

“Jake…” I huffed.

“Please,” he mumbled as his lips found the bend of my neck.

I still tried to fight back, but it was no use. Those lips and those teeth… they are very persuading. However, I did manage to hold it off until tomorrow morning. I think his happiness was on my side too. He’s so excited about being a daddy. It’s adorable. I cannot wait for our little boy or girl to come.

When morning rolled around though, Jake made sure that I left when he did. He wanted me to talk to Ryan… and I do think it’s time that this happens. It was just hard to… face him. He is my brother though… and I want him to know what’s going on with me and why Jake and I are so happy right now.

Once I got to my old house, he appeared to be the only one here. I wanted this. Ryan and I needed to talk by ourselves. When I was inside the house, I felt really nervous… and queasy. But I blame the baby for that.

“Ry?” I called out, hoping he was up.

“Yeah?” he replied, peeking his head around the doorway into the kitchen. “Hey,” he added, slowly letting his smile curl over his mouth.

“How are you?” I asked and went over to him. When I was close enough, he opened my arms, as if asking for a hug. It softened me. I smiled as well and gave into his embrace.

“I’m better. How are you?” he asked.

“Oh, you know… pregnant,” I shrugged.

“Oh, that’s ni…” he started to say, but then his eyes grew so wide. “What?!”

“Jake and I found out yesterday,” I told him.

“You’re…”

“Having a baby,” I was unable to fight off my smile.

“That’s awesome,” he grinned as well. “I’m happy for you guys.”

I just nodded my head. I was happy for us too… and happy that my brother was happy for my husband and I. After this though, it became a little awkward. All I wanted to do was tell him that. There wasn’t anything else on my mind.

“And I’m… also sorry for being so mean to you the last time you were here,” he spoke softly.

“Ok,” was the only thing I could think to say.

“I didn’t mean it. I was just angry. Kirstie was doing fine and I knew Jake needs you a lot more than I need you now,” he explained.

“It’s ok,” I sighed, and finally allowed myself to get over it.

“Is it ok enough that… I can talk to you about something?” he questioned. And then I remembered Kirstie saying that he anted to talk to me… and he wouldn’t tell her why. Oh no… I’m scared.

“Yeah…” I replied, still unsure of it all.

“I think I want to… ask Kirstie to… marry me,” he countered as his cheeks filled with a light shade of pink.

“Really?” I was… surprised… a little.

“Yeah, what do you think?” he asked.

To be honest, I… didn’t know. I love Kristie! She’s the greatest friend that I could ask for. But… my brother… wants to get married? It’s weird to think about! It’s not just because it’s my best friend and brother that are probably going to get married. But… it’s my brother and best friend!

“Do what makes you happy,” was my reply.

“I will, but I just wanted your thoughts,” he retorted.

“If that’s what you want to do,” I tried to keep my replies short and… nice.

I would be happy for them if they did get married. Again, it’s just… weird! But… it’s probably something that I can get over. Kirstie was kind of in the same boat with Jake and I. If she can let it go, then I’m pretty sure I can too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??