I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Still Not Completely for it

Once Kirstie and Ryan left, Jake and I ordered some carryout and climbed onto the couch with each other once it came. We had a cute little night together. Lately, I haven’t been feeling like doing much of anything. I started getting morning sickness and it kind of lingers throughout the whole day. It’s nice to just be able to spend my nights curled up with my husband though.

“Ryan told me something,” he spoke softly as we cuddled on into the night.

“Was it stupid?” I couldn’t help but tease.

“I think it’s pretty exciting,” his smile started to form now.

“What was it?” I was curious now.

“He’s going to ask Kirstie to marry him,” he replied.

“Really?”

I wasn’t really surprised. With him asking me what I thought about it, I figured he would be asking her soon.

“You don’t… seem too excited,” he countered.

“No, I am,” I assured him.

“You’re not acting like it,” he taunted.

“I am!”

“Are you still being a protective little sister?” he snickered and rubbed his nose against mine.

“I was never a protective little sister,” I muttered.

“You always were… and still are,” he chuckled while resting his head on my shoulder.

“Nu uh!” I bickered.

“Kirstie’s going to be good to him,” he replied.

“I know,” I sighed.

“But you’re… still not completely for it.”

“I am,” I corrected him.

“Then why are you so… so… crabby?” he chuckled once more.

“I’m pregnant! What do you expect from me?” I teased.

“Like I could forget,” he snickered and pulled me in even closer.

His comment made me smile. He’s been so excited about the baby. It makes me really impatient for the little thing to come… or even letting their presence be known. I hope it’s soon. With Jake’s excitement up, it’s making me so enlivened myself.

“I want a little boy,” I told him as I watched his hand slowly move towards my stomach.

“I just want them here,” he replied.

“Aw, Jake,” I cooed and kissed his cheek.

“Going to be the most perfect baby,” he kept going and nestled more into me.

“Because it’s going to look like you,” I smiled.

“No, just like you,” he corrected me.

We sat here, talking about our baby for the remainder of the night. It was so sweet. If I wasn’t convinced that he was excited before, I sure was now. But even through all of this, Ryan asking Kirstie to marry him was still in the back of my mind. My brother’s… going to get married… I know I should be happy for him, but… I don’t know exactly how I feel right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??