I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Someone Has to

“Someone has visitors,” Jake chimed in after he had answered the door before someone knocked.

“Who?” I asked and looked towards him to see Ryan and Kirstie behind him.

Seeing them actually made me smile. I got up and hooked an arm around both of them. It was so nice to see them; especially with the way my moods have been lately.

“Jake told us that you’ve been rather… moody,” Kirstie started with a smile.

“Moody isn’t even the word,” I muttered.

“But it’s ok,” he stepped in.

I just gave him a look. Apparently, it was funny though. It made Kirstie and Ryan laugh. After they went away though, we all sat down and talked for a little bit. Jake asked Ryan and Kirstie if they had started planning their wedding yet. They told him that they were looking into things, but nothing was set in stone just yet.

“I’m really excited for you guys,” I was able to get out.

“Aw, thanks, Ky,” Kirstie beamed.

“That means a lot, sis,” Ryan smiled just as brightly.

“I have been for a while. It’s just… the baby hates me,” I pouted.

“No, it doesn’t,” Jake cooed and pulled me against him tightly.

“It does. It wants me to hate everyone,” I grumbled.

“I don’t know how you’re putting up with her…” Ryan teased.

“Shut up!” I threw back at him.

“I love her,” was Jake’s reply before he planted his lips gently against my cheek.

“Someone has to,” Ryan kept on it.

“Ryan!” I glared at him now.

Of course he just laughed. What a butthead. You haven’t seen me in a few days and your first instinct is to pick on me?! Thanks, bro! Jake and Kirstie stepped in to change the subject though. As they were talking, Kirstie placed something on her lap. It got my attention. What was it! Before I could question, she looked over at me and smiled.

“This was supposed to be your guys’ wedding present, but I just finished it a few days ago,” she spoke up and held it out to us.

Jake took it and sat it between us. It was a book of some kind. On the front was a picture of Jake and I from our wedding. It captured us in a quick kiss. I loved it. Just seeing it brought a smile across my face.

“Aw,” I cooed already.

“Just wait!” Ryan spoke now.

Now I was nervous! Jake was the one to start turning the pages though. It was the most perfect thing I have ever seen. Kirstie had put together… our lives basically. And then towards the end, it was Jake and I together. She even left pages for when our family was formed. AW!

“Thank you!” I smiled so brightly… and felt tears welling up in my eyes.

“That’s awesome, Kirst. Thanks,” Jake spoke as well.

“I didn’t want to make her cry though!” Kirstie pouted, but she still giggled.

“She cries about everything now. You get used to it,” Jake taunted.

“It’s so bad,” I sniffled and smiled at the same time.

“That’s going to be one emotional baby,” Ryan poked.

“Shut up, Ryan!” I snapped at him.

Jake chuckled and pulled me in close to him. Ryan didn’t take offense to it either. I think he’s adjusting to my moodiness now. I hope it lightens up! I’m just everywhere with this pregnancy. But Jake’s been so sweet through it all. I picked a good one.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??