I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

That Poor Girl

“Jake!” I whined as I followed him up the steps to Ryan’s front door.

“No,” he said for about the millionth time today.

“But!” I pouted once again.

He glanced over at me after he had knocked on the door. I kept my pout on my face until someone answered the door. It was Ryan. He looked between Jake and I with a questionable look.

“I’m mad at him,” I grumbled as I passed.

“I was assuming that,” Ryan chuckled and shut the door behind us.

“Jake, what’d you do?!” Kirstie shouted once we were in the living room.

“I won’t do what she wants…” he started.

“But she’s pregnant! Make her happy!” was my friend’s response.

“No! She told me when she first found out she was pregnant that she didn’t want to know what we were having until it was born. She can’t just change her mind now,” he told Kirstie.

“Aw! You guys know?!” Kirstie got excited.

“The envelope knows,” I muttered and plopped down on a chair.

“Jake!” Kirstie whined at him now.

“She said that she didn’t want to know!” he bickered with her.

“But don’t you want to know now too?!” I stepped in.

“Well, yeah, but you said!”

“But,” I pouted again.

“Jake, just open the envelope!” Ryan jumped in with everyone else.

“But she…”

“She wants to!” Kirstie and Ryan replied at the same time.

“I think you two may want to know just a little more…” he teased.

“I’m opening it!” I gave up and starting digging through my purse.

“Yay!” Kirstie squealed.

Once I had it in hand, I got up and went over to Jake. With a playful huff, he pulled me onto his lap. I looked back at him. If he really didn’t want to know, then I wouldn’t push this anymore. But he gave me a nod and gave my middle a gently squeeze while his hands rested flat against my stomach. It put a smile on my face as I ripped the envelope open. When I tugged the paper out, both our eyes scanned over until we found the information that we were looking for. I think we both located it at the same time too…

“Oh my gosh,” Jake gasped and looked up a me.

“What?!” Kirstie rushed to ask.

“Ah!” I couldn’t hold in.

“What is it?!” she kept going.

“Ky…” Jake’s eyes were lighting up so brightly while his smile started to take over his beautiful lips.

“WHAT IS IT?!” Kirstie seemed… a little impatient.

“Aw, my baby girl,” Jake cooed at my stomach.

“It’s a girl?!” Ryan joined in on the excitement.

All I could do was nod my head. Jake… wanted a little girl. I was hoping for a boy, but a baby girl… She’s going to be so cute! I can’t wait for her to be here now… and have her daddy hold her.

“That poor girl…” Kirstie teased once everyone kind of settled down.

“Don’t say that about my little girl!” Jake scolded her.

“Yeah, but… there’s a slight chance she’ll look like you…” Kirstie went on to tease.

“She’ll still be so cute,” I replied and nuzzled up to Jake more.

After this, Kirstie kept her teasing up a bit. It was mostly towards Jake though. I don’t think it meant much to him. He just looked so happy. If there was such a thing as a daddy glow, he had it right now. All of us appeared to be so ecstatic though. We’re going to have a beautiful baby girl in a few more months and I cannot wait.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ky

Comment??