I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Sacrificed Your First Born

“Kirstie wouldn’t tell us her name! Does she even have a name?!” Jade babbled on once Jake had handed the little girl off to Ryan. He picked him to hold her first… Aw!

“She’s unnamed,” Jake chuckled, teasing my brother… exactly like I would.

“Ky!” he whined now.

“Riley,” I started.

“Well, we see who her favorite is,” he went on to grumble while glaring at Ryan teasingly.

“Riley… Jade Weimer,” Jake added for me.

“Oh! Look at who her favorite brothers are,” Blake bickered now.

“But when the times comes and we have a boy, we’ll be sure to work your name in somehow,” Jake quickly assured him.

“You two sacrificed your first born… for them?!” was Blake’s response.

“We didn’t sacrifice her!” I shot at him.

“Simmer down now,” our mother stepped in.

“She’s not pregnant anymore. Why is she still snippy?!” Blake muttered.

“Dude, her hormones are going to be all out of whack for a while,” Jake chuckled.

“And that is why he’s the husband. He can put up with it,” Jade snickered while he was trying to work Riley away from her Uncle Ryan.

Jake just chuckled as he sat back down next to me. His arms came around snuggly so that he could plant his lips to my forehead. With them still pressed there, he whispered that he loved me. Just those few, short words brought a smile across my face. This man’s amazing.

“Ok, why wasn’t I called before she came?!” Kirstie asked once she was finally holding the little girl.

“It was late!” Jake told her.

“SO?!” everyone seemed to say.

“We kind of… got caught up in everything and we may have… forgot,” I answered for Jake.

“Well! I find out I’m your least favorite brother and you make us all miss the birth of the first baby in the family?” Blake poke.

“I’m sorry! I’ll remember next time!”

“Well, you better hurry for that next time! I ain’t getting any younger,” he grumbled.

I just rolled my eyes and relaxed into Jake’s embrace more. Even though I was so tired, seeing everyone’s faces light up when they saw Riley for the first time filled me with so much joy. She even started cooing a few times. It was just this sweet little moment. Now that this is done though, we have a wedding to focus on. But not just any wedding. It’s my brother’s and my best friend’s wedding. It’s even more special than it would have been if it were just my brother or best friend. It’s going to be a big day, and I’m so glad that I’ll be a part of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??