I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Shhh

We’ve had Riley home for a few days now. She seems to be adjusting to life outside of the womb rather nicely. She just… doesn’t know her day from night yet. All day she’ll sleep and then be up all night. It’s exhausting! Jake and I have worked on a schedule every other night. But with his training, it’s been a little rough.

Jake was up with her all night last night though. I told him I would do it, but he insisted. So, when I woke up in the morning, I left him to sleep and went downstairs, leaving Jake and Riley to stay in their peaceful slumber.

I went downstairs and tidied up a bit. I even got a phone call into Kirstie and Ryan. Their wedding is just a handful of days away. I’m excited for it and I know that they can’t for it either. Once I was off the phone, I did a few things for Jake’s sponsors. When I was finished with that though, it was starting to turn into the afternoon and I hadn’t heard a peep from upstairs. Letting my curiosity get the best of me, I went up to check on my two babies.

On the way up, I didn’t hear any crying or cooing. Everything seems to be under control. This is good. When I walked in though… I found out why. Jake was still in bed, laying on his side. But our little girl wasn’t in her crib anymore. She was tucked under his arm while the pair continued to sleep. It was the cutest sight! As I walked closer, I felt my smile start to tug at my cheeks. Yet, I couldn’t keep from going over to his side and wrapping him up in my own arms. As my hands rested flat against his tank-covered stomach, I planted a kiss on his bare shoulder. My touch caused him to stir and let out a few soft mumbles. I didn’t want to wake him up, but… it was just so darn cute! Slowly, he glanced over his shoulder and saw me. As his tired eyes focused, a smile filled his lips.

“Do I have tired babies?” I asked softly, feeling my own smile grow even more.

“She dropped her binky,” he mumbled, gently pulling her in closer.

His touch caused her to suck on it a little before it eventually stopped. Aw!

“Or maybe she wanted in her daddy’s arms,” I grinned and gave his firm middle a squeeze.

“She kept daddy up all night,” he grumbled.

“How are you going to train today?” I couldn’t help but ask.

“I’ll be ok. Just give me a few more minutes,” he replied and closed his eyes once more.

“But…”

“Shhh,” he puckered his lips out.

I let out a giggle and leaned in to give his cheek a quick peck. He sighed and then nuzzled into his pillow more. Just as I got up to leave him alone, his phone rang. He groaned loudly as he reached back to grab it. With a glance, he wrinkled his face up before answering it. From the sounds of it… it was his trainer. When he put the phone down, another loud groan came out of him.

“I’m late,” he muttered, sounding groggy still.

“You said to give you a few more minutes…” I teased.

“But not so late that I would have to be punished for it,” he kept going.

“Aw, honey. You’ll be fine,” I cooed and reached over to take Riley.

He walked off in to the bathroom, mumbling that he was tired. He may be sleepy, but he’s adorable. Hopefully, our little girl will get nights and days straightened out so that Jake and I can get some good sleep in. Until then… we’ll just have to work on the few hours of sleep… or until Jake’s trainer pushes him to the point of exhaustion.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??