I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Just... You and Ryan?

“Jake… what are you doing?” I questioned my husband.

I had come home from visiting my brother and found him in the kitchen… with markers and all kinds of construction paper on the counter. This can’t be good.

“Plotting,” was his reply.

“Plotting what?” I was afraid to ask.

“A pregnancy confirmation,” he smirked.

“Oh my gosh,” I couldn’t help but laugh as I bopped Riley around a bit.

“You saw her! Did she say anything about it?” he asked and glanced up from his work.

“She told me that you were still on her about it.”

“And I’m not about to let up!” he grinned.

“What if she takes a test and she’s not pregnant?”

“That’s not possible,” he replied.

“It could be…”

“Nope. She’s pregnant,” he said with confidence.

“So what’s this plot you have?” I just had to ask.

“Notes!” he grinned.

“… Genius,” I countered sarcastically.

“It is!” he seemed so sure of himself. “You’re going to help me plant these all around the Dungey house. She’ll see them and it will cause a panic and she’ll have to take a test… or go to the doctor’s,” he explained.

“I hope you have Ryan in on this. I don’t think it would work if he’s not,” I told him.

“Oh, he gave me the a-ok to raid the house weeks ago,” he told me.

“Really?” I raised my eyebrow at him.

“Yep. We went riding and I told him about…”

“Whoa, wait… You and Ryan… rode together?” I stopped him, surprised by this information.

“Yeah…” he shrugged it off.

“And… you didn’t tell me?”

“It was just a chill thing. I asked him if he wanted to go out to the hills since it had rained and…”

“You asked Ryan?!” I was getting more and more shocked by the second.

“Why… does this surprise you so much?” he chuckled.

“Just… you and Ryan?” I was still so stunned.

“We’re friends, Ky,” he laughed yet again.

“I know, but… wow,” I still couldn’t get over it!

“You might want to sit down for this one…” he started as a playful smirk took over his face. Keeping my gaze on him, I pulled up the stool next to him, waiting for him to go on. “He wants me to ditch my trainer so that him and I can work out together more,” he added.

“What?!”

“Yeah,” he laughed. “Like I would leave my trainer, right?” he went on to shake his head.

“Are you two secretly in love with each other too? Jeez. Keeping all these secrets,” I teased.

“I don’t know,” he chuckled. “Ever since his and Kirstie’s wedding, I feel like… we just get along better,” he shrugged and reached out for our baby girl.

She cooed loudly at him before I gave her to her daddy. I wanted to press the issue of his friendship with my brother now! But he was lost in a moment with his little girl. There was no way I was breaking that up. But the thought of Jake and Ryan actually getting a long… in a friendship makes me so happy. I hope all of this is true that he’s telling me. Having my husband and favorite brother get along is something that I’ve always wanted… and I hope I have that now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ky

Comment??