I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

A Baby Dungey

I let out a groan when I woke up in the morning. I felt so sick and my head and stomach already hurt. When I rolled over to snuggle into Ryan, he wasn’t there, making me even more upset. I figured out why he wasn’t there when I saw 10 o’clock flashing. Rubbing my head and changing into a pair of comfy shorts and one of Ryan’s shirts, I walked downstairs.

“There’s my sleepyhead,” Ryan cooed once I walked into the living room where he was busy on his computer. “Feeling any better baby?”

“No,” I sighed, rubbing my forehead.

I walked into the kitchen to make myself a cup of tea to try to settle my stomach. As I went to the cupboard to get a cup, I found a bright colored piece of paper taped on it. I first thought Ryan left a note or something but as I looked, I recognized the handwriting as Jake’s.

“Stop denying it, YOU’RE PREGNANT!” was what it said.

I rolled my eyes before smiling at the feeling of Ryan’s strong arms wrapping around my waist. He pressed a kiss to my cheek before rested his chin on my shoulder.

“I take it Jake was here this morning,” I held the note out so he could see.

“Yeah,” Ryan chuckled before kissing me again. “So you aren’t feeling well sweetie?”

“No, I feel terrible,” I sighed.

“Aw honey,” He cooed. “You go back up to bed, I’ll make you tea.”

“I can do it,” I returned.

Ryan took the cup from me and kissed my forehead before fixing his blue eyes on me, “Please?”

I nodded before giving him a long warm hug. I walked back up the stairs but as I did, I found another note from Jake taped on the door. “Ryan would think you’re cute pregnant!” I took the note off of the door before getting back into bed. Once I did, my stomach began to feel queasy and I knew what was coming next so I hurried into the bathroom. When I was finished throwing up, I looked to see yet another note on the top of the toilet. Jake wrote, “Morning sickness, huh?”

“Kirstie?” Ryan’s voice called out, breaking my attention away from the note.

“In here,” I said before going to wash my mouth out.

“Did you throw up sweetie?” He cooed.

I nodded before walking into his arms. Ryan scooped me up gently before carrying me back to bed. He cuddled me warmly in his comforting arms, while leaving kisses on my forehead every once in a while. As I laid my head on his chest, Ryan twisted my wedding ring around my finger that had only been there for not even three weeks yet.

“I’m sorry,” I sighed.

“About what?”

“About just not feeling well lately and being so emotional, I really don’t understand why,” I explained. “I just… I know this isn’t the best way to start off our marriage.”

“Kirstie,” Ryan cooed, snuggling me closer. “I love you no matter what, and if you’re sick or feeling upset, that’s what I’m here for.”

“I love you so much,” I nuzzled my face into the crook of his neck.

“I love you too Mrs. Dungey,” He smiled.

I leaned up to kiss his lips but once I pared, something caught my eye and I asked, “What’s that?”

He reached over onto the nightstand and put a wrapped box in my lap. He told me that Jake left it and I immediately groaned.

“It’s probably full of more of those notes telling me I’m pregnant,” I chuckled.

“Open it and find out,” Ryan encouraged.

I did as he said and pulling the wrapping paper off only to find a box of pregnancy tests. There was a note on top and scribbled out was “Even though we already know you’re preggo, you can take this for confirmation.”

“Did you know about all of this?” I asked.

“Maybe,” Ryan chuckled.

I ran my hand on his side as I softly questioned, “So do… you think I’m…pregnant?”

“Well…” He trailed off. “I talked with Jake and Kylee this morning and you have been acting kind of different and you’ve been kind of emotional and haven’t felt well.”

“So you think I am?” I questioned.

Ryan’s blue eyes softened as he looked at me, his large warm hand coming down to my stomach, “Yeah I do. I just have…this feeling.”

“…do you want me to take one of these?” I asked, holding up the box of pregnancy tests.

His eyes lit up and his adorable heart melting smile shone through as he nodded gently. Ryan looked so excited and even though I wasn’t expecting to be pregnant so soon, I’ve always wanted to be a mom and I love kids so much. I guess we’ll just have to wait and find out what this little test says to find out if we have a baby Dungey on the way…
♠ ♠ ♠
Kirstie

comments?