I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

A Gender Neutral Name

Tomorrow was the first race of the outdoor season and everyone is, as my hubby would say, super pumped. The ever supportive Dungey family of course came to supportive Ryan and Jake and we got to spend a lot of time with them today while Jake and Ryan had press stuff to do.

“How are you feeling about tomorrow?” I asked Ryan once we had gotten back to our hotel room for the night. He was laying on the bed with his head resting in my lap while I ran my fingers through his thick hair.

“I’m excited,” His blue eyes lit up.

“I’m glad,” I smiled as I kept stroking his hair.

“I’m going to win for you and for baby Dungey,” Ryan cutely said, pressing a kiss to my five month pregnant stomach.

“I hope the baby comes after outdoor season,” I told him.

“Hopefully they’ll hold out,” He said.

After this, our conversation grew quiet. We sat in a peaceful silence, just enjoy each others presence. Ryan eventually sat up and snuggled next to me, his strong arms wrapping around me and pulling me closer to his body. I rested my head on his chest that was covered with a soft white tee shirt and smelled of his yummy scent.

“I’ve been thinking about that envelope,” Ryan brought up, tucking a kiss by my ear.

“Me too,” I nodded.

“Do you…want to open it?” He asked.

“Okay,” I smiled.

A few days ago, before the Dungeys all came to Cali, I had a doctors appointment. The doctor knew if we were having a boy or girl but we decided we wanted to wait until the entire family was together to find out. They wrote it on a piece of paper and sealed it for us so we could open it with everyone. Ryan gathered everyone from their hotel rooms and they sat around the room, all asking what this was about.

“Is everything was okay?” Troy spoke up.

“Yeah dad, everything is good,” Ryan smiled, taking his place next to me again.

“Then what is this for?” Jake questioned as he held a sleeping Riley in his arms.

I grabbed the envelope and gave it to Ryan, saying, “Well we have the gender of our baby in here, but we wanted to open it with all of you here.”

“You know, Blake is a gender neutral name,” Ryan’s little brother piped in.

“Hush Blake, I want to find out if it’s a boy or girl!” Kylee whined as she sat on the other side of Ryan.

“Open it,” Michele smiled at us.

Ryan looked at me and I nodded. His long fingers pulled the flap opened and waited a second before pulling the slip out.

“What does it say?” Jake questioned.

“It’s…” Ryan trailed off.

“A boy,” I beamed.

Everyone let out their round of coos and aws. Ryan and I looked at each other and just smiled so brightly. He rested his warm hand on my cheek before leaning down to kiss me softly. I would have been happy with a boy or a girl, and I know Ryan would have too but the thought of having a little baby boy just melted my heart and I was only more excited for our baby to come now! I just have to wait four more months…
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?