I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

He Knows His Daddy

The outdoor season is almost halfway through now and Jake and Ryan are killing it. I'm so proud of my boys! Today though Ryan was going to have lunch or something with his sister which left me with the house to myself...but not for long.

"KIRSTIE!" Jake shouted as he walked into the house.

"Jake, stop yelling," I groaned.

"Someone isn't in a good mood," He mumbled, plopping down on the couch next to me.

"Do you need something?" I asked.

Jake shrugged before saying, "Well since our spouses decided to hang together today and take my daughter, I figured I might as well bring you lunch."

"Oh. Thanks," I weakly smiled.

Jake grabbed the food from the bags as we silently sat and ate. Jake kept looking at me funny before finally speaking up.

"Kirst what's wrong?" He asked.

"Why do you think anything is wrong?" I tried to shrug it off.

"Because you're quiet and you're only quiet if you're mad or upset, so which one is it?" Jake asked.

I looked up into his blue eyes and sighed. I can't fool the guy I've known my entire life, he knows me too well.

"I'm just nervous I guess," I ran a hand through my hair.

"About what?" He asked.

"I just...am nervous about the baby," I revealed. "What if I'm a terrible mom?"

"You won't be," Jake said.

"But I might be! And I mean I found out I was pregnant so soon after Ryan and my wedding, what if he didn't want a baby so soon? And I'm due right at the end of outdoors, what if something goes wrong?" I rambled.

"Kirstie, if you think that obviously you haven't seen his face light up every time you guys mention anything about it," Jake chuckled.

"I'm just nervous," I sighed, tears threatening to fall. "I just want to be a good mom, and a good wife."

Jake's face softened before pulling me in for a hug. He rubbed my back as tears softly fell.

"Everyone feels nervous, don't worry,' He assured me. "I was scared to death but you figure it out and everything turns out fine."

"You're just lucky Riley doesn't look like you," I couldn't help but giggle through my tears.

"Well your poor baby boy is probably going to look like Ryan," He teased, trying to cheer me up.

"That would be a good thing," I smiled.

Jake raised an eyebrow playfully before rubbing my back. I sent him a thankful a smile before we finished eating our lunch. The two of us got to just hang out and talk and it was kind of nice since we don't get to anymore which is probably why Ky and Ryan did the same. Luckily they were back soon and I got scooped into Ryan's strong arms.

"I missed you," He cooed.

"I missed you too," I kissed him. "Was lunch good?"

"Mhmm, was yours good?" Ryan asked.

"Yeah I had a nice talk with Jake," I smiled.

Ryan just grinned before leaning in to kiss me again before pressing his lips to my seven month pregnant stomach. As he did, our boy gave a kick, making us smile.

"He knows his daddy," I smiled.

"And his daddy knows him and loves him so much," Ryan cooed, rubbing my stomach and kept pressing kisses. After this we joined the Weimers to talk about our days and play with Riley. It was nice to get to talk to Jake because he can always make me feel better no matter what.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?