I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Jake-son

“I wanna see him!” Jake groaned as he was pacing around the waiting room.

“Calm down,” I laughed at him. He’s been so eager.

“I hope she’s ok. I hope nothing went work,” it showed that he was working himself up again.

“I’m sure she’s fine,” I tried to soothe him.

“But what if…”

“Jake!” I cut him off. He’s been like this ever since we’ve been here! I love him to pieces, but… he gets so worked up sometimes. “It takes time. You remember how Riley was.”

“I know, but…” he huffed and managed to plop himself down in a chair.

“She’s fine,” I cooed and leaned over to him.

The corner of his lips tugged into a smile while his arms draped around me. Riley even cooed and crawled over into her daddy’s lap. This made his smile shine all the way through. There we go! I love it when he smiles.

“Daddy loves you,” he told her as he pressed his plump lips to her little forehead that was swept with her blonde curls.

Of course, this started her dada babble. It cheered him up though. That’s all that matters. While he was caught up in his moment with his daughter, I saw my brother make his way over. He was smiling so brightly. Aw! That could only mean one thing…

“He’s here,” he spoke, unable to contain that grin.

“Can we see him?!” I got excited now.

“Of course,” he beamed.

I don’t know who got out of their seats quicker; Jake or I. We both followed Ryan into Kirstie’s room. Once inside, we saw her cradling a bundle of blue blankets. My heart instantly melted. Aw! Baby! Without speaking, she held the little guy out for me. I gladly took him… and was so amazed at how much he looked like Ryan already.

“What’s his name?” Jake asked while he glanced over my shoulder at his new nephew.

“Jackson Blake,” Kirstie replied.

Jake just smiled and continued to look at the baby who seemed to have sat his sights on his uncle. But that name… I knew Blake would be in there somewhere, but Jackson?

“Jack sounds like… Jake,” I brought up, unable to contain my smile as I glanced between Kirstie and Ryan.

“That’s not… why we… named him… that,” Ryan stuttered.

“Jake-son would have sounded so much better,” Jake teased.

“Shut up and accept Jackson!” Kirstie giggled.

“Love you guys!” Jake went on to sob playfully and gave a quick hug to my brother while his daughter was in one arm. He even went and gave one to Kirstie. Ryan didn’t let it go too long in fear that Jake would hurt her.

Later on, Jake and I switched babies. He wanted to hold Jackson. With Riley starting to nod off in my arms, I sat down and couldn’t help but admire the way Jake gazed down at his nephew. It was so cute! His eyes just screamed with excitement. It was close to the way he looked at Riley for the first time. It was the sweetest thing… and it really made me want another baby. Why does he do this to me?!
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??