I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

We're... Trying

Throughout our little visit with the Dungey’s, they’ve had so many cutesy moments. Usually, I would tease them about it, but… I knew what they were feeling. It’s such an amazing thing to experiece. You’re just so full of love and when you look at your partner and your child, it grows. Just thinking back on when we first brought Riley home makes me smile.

“So, when are you two having another one?” Ryan asked while Riley slide off of his chest and crawled back over to her daddy.

“Well…” Jake started once he picked his daughter up.

“You’re pregnant?!” Kirstie’s big brown eyes seemed like they were going to pop right out of their sockets!

“No!” I quickly corrected her, though I couldn’t help but giggle.

“You’re not having anymore?” Ryan pouted.

“No,” Jake was the one to answer his question.

“Then what?!” Kirstie groaned.

“We’re…” Jake tried to put it into words, but he seemed to be struggling.

“We’re… trying,” I answered.

“Aw! Really?!” Kirstie seemed excited.

“I think the little one inspired her,” Jake snickered.

“I think it was seeing you with Jackson,” Kirstie grinned over at me.

“It was not!” I muttered.

“I saw the way you looked at him when he was holding this little thing,” Ryan smirked.

“Like I always do,” I assured him.

“You want to see your Jakey with another baby,” Kirstie beamed.

“I want one!” I whined.

“Well, get with it!” Ryan teased.

“We’re trying,” I groaned.

“Then what are you guys doing here?” he kept it up.

“I will punch you!” I glared at him.

“Wait, let me take the baby so it doesn’t get hurt,” Jake got up and some how managed to cradle the baby from Ryan and still keep a firm hold of Riley.

“No! Don’t hurt him!” Kirstie whined and threw her arms around her husband.

“Wait till she’s not around,” I narrowed my gaze on my brother.

“Are they ever apart though?” Jake chuckled.

“Like you two ever are!” Ryan threw at my hubby.

“We’re trying to make a baby. I can’t be away from her,” Jake smirked.

“Ha!” I put my two cents in.

Ryan opened his mouth to retaliate, but nothing came out. Ha! Jake and I win! Score one for the Weimers! But that didn’t stop the teasing. Eventually it stopped. Jackson got fussy and Ryan hurried over to Jake and took him to try and quite him. Once he was settled, our focus was turned to the baby and how well the new family is adjusting. I’m so happy for my brother and best friend though. They have an adorable little family! It… makes me really excited for Jake and I to add to ours!
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??