I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

But They're Cute!

While Kirstie and I watched the boys practice, Kirstie and I talked about the exciting news. Once it wore off, we talked about Jackson… and ‘how cute Ryan was with him’. It’s sweet though. Even though my brother never really mentioned kids, I knew he would make a great dad someday. And I’m so happy that him and my best friend make each other so happy.

“Jake was talking about taking a vacation,” I started since our conversation had died a bit.

“… Was it to try and aid in baby Weimer making?” she teased.

“I don’t… know,” I laughed now. Maybe… that was why he wanted to go. “But I told him the only way I would go was if you guys came with us,” I countered.

“Why?” she couldn’t help but laugh.

“Because! It would be fun!”

“Not with Jake…” she snickered.

“He’s a blast!” I countered.

“Mhm…” she gave me a playful look.

“I just wanted you to come so we can have mommy pamper days, ok?!” I broke, unable to hide my smile though.

“That does sound fun…” she gave in.

“See!”

“Where were you guys vacationing?” she asked now.

“I don’t know! He said he’d take care of it… but from the lack of riding that I’m seeing, he’s discussing it with Ryan…” I told her since the boys had been off their bikes for some time now.

“Aw, it’s be cute if they planned it all,” she cooed.

“Jake mentioned snow though…” I countered.

“I think I rather see Ryan in less clothes, thanks…” she just rattled off.

“Kirstie! That’s my brother!” I shot at her.

“I’m just sayin…” she giggled.

“Don’t say it to me!” I laughed now.

“You tell me things about Jake that I really don’t need to hear!” she taunted.

“Well, yeah, but!” was my response.

“Ew! Like I really needed to know about how much you love his pudgy fingers!” she bickered with me.

“But they’re cute!”

“EW!”

This started a whole new round of arguing with one another… in a friendly way of course. I’ve learned to not think of Ryan as my brother when Kirstie rants on about him… But it’s still weird sometimes! I remember when he was an awkward teenager and teased him about being too icky to find a girl. Apparently, my best friend likes icky guys… I’m glad he’s found someone though. It’s kind of bonus however, because I always wanted someone special for my best friend too. Who’s more special than my brother for her? But I’ve found someone special for me too… and I cannot wait until our next baby is here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??