I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Joy

“Kylee…” I heard Jake’s voice in the morning, attempting to wake me up. It was a playful tone though. I knew it wasn’t nothing to be alarmed about. So… I refused to get up. He gets up early to train! I don’t need to… so I don’t! But then our little girl chimed in. OK, maybe I need to wake up…

“What?” I groaned teasingly and rolled over, only to have Riley crawl on top of me.

“Get up!” he seemed to be in a rather chipper mood.

I yawned and glanced over at the clock… to see that it was five in the morning! That’s like… two hours before he gets up. What is he doing up?!

“Why?” I muttered and tried to focus a little better. Was I… missing something?

“We got a flight to catch!” he seemed so excited.

“Someone’s been into their Monster this morning…” I muttered and sat up a little. Riley smiled at me and came forward to wrap her little arms around my neck. I smiled too and gave her a few kisses.

“Beach!” she squealed once she pulled away a little.

“Beach? What about a beach?” I shot my gaze at Jake.

He just smiled innocently and shrugged. Oh my gosh! I hate this! Beach?! Where are we going?!

“Better pack…” he snickered.

“Where are we going?” I dared to ask.

“On vacation…” was his vague answer.

“Where?!”

“I don’t know… Ryan picked it…” he let his eyes fall to the floor, telling me that he was lying!

“Where is it?!” I was getting impatient.

Before he could reply, the doorbell rang. Jake glanced up to flash off a bright smile. That must be the Dungeys. Without saying a word, he hurried down the stairs, leaving me with Riley.

“Where is your daddy taking us?” I huffed and pushed myself off of the bed.

“Beach!” she replied and bounced on the bed.

Even though I really wanted to know, I smiled at her reaction. While she was still on the bed, I got a suitcase out and started filling it with everything I needed… or thought I needed. I didn’t even know how long we were going to be away! Thanks for just throwing all of this on me Jake!

Once I was finished and had the worst time zipping my luggage up, I took Riley’s hand and started down the stairs with my bag in toe. The Dungeys were on the couch while Jake relaxed in his chair.

“Thanks for you help, lovely husband,” I muttered.

“Uh oh…” Ryan teased.

“I didn’t think you would bring your bag down the stairs!” he rushed over to me now.

“How else would it get down?!” I bickered with him.

“Maybe taking a pregnant Ky wasn’t the best idea…” Ryan spoke up once more.

“Where are we going?!” I snapped at him since I wasn’t getting anywhere with Jake.

“Honolulu…” Ryan said like it should have been common knowledge.

“Hawaii? Really?” I looked at Jake now.

“You said you’ve always wanted to go…” Ryan countered.

“No, you always wanted to go,” I corrected him.

“Well, we’re all going!” Jake said as he got my bag from my grasp.

“Joy,” I gave my brother a teasing glare.

He smiled brightly as everyone got up and started to pile into his truck. I was just cranky this morning. I’m sure it’ll get better as I wake up more. It would help if I could have coffee! I am really excited though. A little vacation with the Dungeys… What could possibly go wrong?
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??