I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

I'm Impressed

When morning came, I woke up to the cutest sight! Jake was next to me, sleeping soundless. On his chest though was our baby girl… and little nephew. They were both sleep as well. I smiled and reached over to leave a soft kiss on his slightly, morning stubbled face. My touch caused him to mumble and then his long eyelashes flickered opened. His bright eyes searched around until they laid on mine. While they were focusing, his smile started to come through.

“Good morning,” I beamed and nuzzled up to him as best as I could with our daughter in the way.

“I would snuggle with you, but…” he looked between the two babies in his arms.

“It’s ok,” I assured him and let my hand run over his stomach, snuggling up to him a little more. “it’s going to be like this when our baby comes,” I added.

“I can’t wait,” he smiled.

It brought my smile back over me as I leaned in to give him another kiss. He was able to press his lips against mine this time. Before anything could come of this, Jackson started squirming around in Jake’s arms. I saw his bright blue eyes open before he started to whimper softly. I told Jake that I would take care of him, but he quickly assured me that he had him. Gently, he slid Riley off of him, letting me wrap her up as she continued to sleep.

While I was still cuddled up in bed, Jake did everything he could to calm the baby. He changed him, he got him a bottle. Neither of those seemed to work. Softly, he started to coo at him to quiet down, because his mother might hear and would beat him up. This… some how seemed to… quiet him. Jake chuckled from his reaction and went onto carefully bop him around.

“Such a pro,” I teased.

“I got this,” he smirked, making me roll my eyes playfully.

Before I could admire this anymore, Kirstie and Ryan walked through the door that adjoined our rooms. Jake sent Kirstie an innocent grin as she marched right towards him.

“Hurting my son,” she grumbled teasingly.

“He was fine!” Jake replied as she wiggled the little guy from his grasp.

“Hurt him!” she kept going, causing Ryan and I to giggle.

“He was fine…” he gave her his little sassy look… that’s so cute!

“He was crying! Poor thing,” she cooed at the baby now.

Jake just kept shaking his head as he came over to the bed to sit, taking Riley back in his arms. As he glared at his best friend, he placed a kiss to her forehead. All of this sudden movement caused her to wake. She mumbled a few things while nuzzling into her daddy’s chest more.

“What are we doing today?” I asked, looking between the two boys.

“Stuff,” Jake replied.

“Fun stuff!” Ryan added.

“Like?” Kirstie questioned now.

“STUFF!” both the boys said.

“I’m not going anywhere,” I muttered.

“Yes you are!” Jake shot at look at me.

“If I don’t know where I’m going, I’m not!”

“We’re going to go whale watching…” Ryan finally spoke.

“We’re going to die!” was my initial response.

“And swim with dolphins if you’re up for it,” Jake retorted.

“Really?” he had sparked my interest.

“I thought it’d be fun,” he smiled.

“Seriously… that was your idea?” Kirstie butted in.

“Yeah…”

“Wow… I’m impressed,” she teased.

“Shut up!” he threw back at her.

She just grinned at him, making everyone else crack up. Slowly, all of us got around and then went to have breakfast before we sat off on our adventure. I may have felt a little uneasy about this trip at first, but… maybe I should put a little more trust in these two boys. Today sounds like fun. I can only hope that the rest of the trip turns out this way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??