I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Three Heartbeats

Currently, I was in Jake’s truck on our journey home from our doctor’s appointment. I was speechless. The only thing that I could do was stare at the pictures that had been printed out. This was… amazing. No words could describe what I was feeling. From his lack of words, I think Jake was feeling the same way. After every few minutes, he’d just squeeze my hand, reminding me that he was there.

Neither of us spoke until we got to Kirstie and Ryan’s. Even when he turned the truck off, he turned to me and still had the surprised, speechless expression. His smile managed to come over him though.

“Are we going to tell them?” he asked softly.

“I think we should,” I replied through my own smile.

With his grin still growing, Jake reached over and placed a tender kiss upon my lips. Once we parted, we both got out and waltzed right through the door. We found everyone gathered in the living room. Riley was playing with Jackson on the floor while Kirstie and Ryan watched from the couch. After Jake shut the door behind us, it got their attention. Both of them smiled brightly at us.

“Twins?!” Ryan asked first.

“Not exactly,” Jake replied as I followed him into the room.

“Aw, just one baby,” Kirstie pouted.

“Not quite,” I smiled and handed them the ultrasound picture.

This quieted them both. Jake sat down in a chair, pulling Riley onto his lap. Once he planted little kisses all over her face, he reached out and took me into the chair with him too.

“Why… is there a… one, two, and three on this picture?” Ryan asked, squinting over at Jake and I.

“Because it’s baby one, two, and three,” Jake informed him.

“Oh…” he said and went back to looking at it.

While this was happening, Kirstie’s eyes looked like they were going to pop right out of their sockets. Her gaze snapped to Jake and as her jaw nearly fell to the floor.

“Three babies?!” she questioned.

“Three heartbeats,” Jake beamed.

“Oh my gosh!” she countered, seeming to not have anymore words.

“Do you guys know what they are?” Ryan questioned now.

“They’re all boys,” I answered him.

“Oh, those poor boys. They’re going to look like Jake…” Kirstie taunted.

“They are going to be adorable,” I snuggled into Jake since I knew he was probably sending his best friend a glare.

“Baby!” Riley squealed and came over to nuzzle against me, almost cradling my stomach.

“Babies,” Jake corrected her through a smile.

“Babies!” she went on and rubbed at my stomach; something she’s seen Jake do so many times.

Chuckling, Jake pulled her back against his chest. He gave her a few more kisses before she squirmed out of his arms to go back and play with Jackson. Even though he’s a bit younger than her, those two get along so well. It’s adorable. Pretty soon, they’ll have three more babies to play with. Three! I was still so in shock. Jake and I are having triplets. I would have never even imagined… Twins maybe, but… triplets! How often does that happen?! But from the sights of Kirstie’s spotty, reddened neck, I can only assume that there’s going to be more than three babies on the way very soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??