I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

She Wanted a Bike

With the new excited buzz of the Weimer triplets, things have been… kind of overwhelming. Jake feels the need to want to get everything the babies need now. That’s… a lot of stuff. Three cribs, three swings, three bouncers, three car seats, three of every outfit! It’s just so much! Why do we need it all now!

It doesn’t help that I’m extremely tired for this pregnancy. I feel grouchy all the time… and then I feel bad if I go off on Jake. He’s just excited and I am too, but… jeez!

While Jake stayed home with Riley, Kirstie and I went out for lunch. Ryan was keeping Jackson too, giving us some alone mommy time. She suggested that we go baby shopping, but… I’m all shopped out for the week… and it’s only Tuesday!

“I’ll be so happy when this pregnancy is over,” I muttered randomly, feeling another round of tiredness come over me.

“You’re only five months…” Kirstie tried to hold in her giggle.

“Don’t remind me,” I huffed.

“Aw, but Jakey’s excited,” she cooed.

“A little too excited.”

“But it’s kind of cute… I mean, as cute as Jake can be of course,” she snickered.

“It is cute, but… There’s so much we have to do with three babies coming.”

“I would imagine it’s a bit overwhelming,” she sympathized with me.

“Three babies, Kirstie… and Riley. What am I going to do?” I huffed teasingly and then dipped my head back.

“… And Jake,” she giggled.

“He’s my big baby,” I couldn’t help but smile.

“You guys can handle it though,” she stayed positive.

“I hope you and Ryan have quadruplets!” I teased now.

“Don’t say that! I don’t want four babies at once!” she laughed though.

“Aw, but it’d be cute,” I cooed like she had at me before.

“Shut up,” she still giggled.

Throughout the rest of lunch, I picked on her about having more than one baby when the time comes for her and Ryan to have more. She kept assuring me that wasn’t going to happen for a while. I wasn’t too convinced.

When I got home, all I wanted to do was crawl into bed. Once I walked into the living room though, I found Jake sitting comfortably in his chair. Pressed tightly against his chest was our little girl. She was sleeping so peacefully. Hearing my footsteps, he slowly turned his head to meet my gaze. All I could do was smile. This was just the cutest sight.

“You wear her out?” I asked and sat on the arm of the chair to rub her back gently.

“Took her to the track today,” he beamed.

“Oh, boy.”

“She liked it,” he kept going.

“I’m sure she did,” I snickered.

“She said she wanted a bike.”

“No,” I put an end to it.

“Well… I got these guys then…” he changed gear and wrapped an arm around me to pull me down into the chair with him.

“We’ll see,” I tried to make him happy while his arm managed to hook all the way around me so that his hand could rest on my huge stomach.

“Be my little moto boys,” he grinned and rested his head right next to his hand, keeping our daughter curled up in the other.

Even though I wanted to deny our boys riding still, this was just the cutest sight. It tops me walking in to find him curled up with Riley. This made think about what our little family cuddles would be like once we added three more little ones to all of this. It makes me a bit nervous, but… I can’t wait for it all to happen at the same time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??