I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

A... 'Dungey'

This weekend, Ryan wasn’t feeling it at all. I felt for him. I don’t know what it was. He’s just been… off. He needs to finish well in this race though. He needs the points! Trying to motivate him a little more, I stayed at the KTM hauler instead of going to see Jake and Kirstie. I miss them! I’ve just had to settle for texting them right now though.

“I don’t know if I’m ready for this, Ky,” Ryan huffed as he was tucking his jersey into his pants, getting ready for the main tonight.

“You’ll do great,” I sent him a smile, “You always do.”

“Hope so,” he sighed and sat to snap his boots on.

From now until he walked out to mount his bike, I kept feeding him encouraging words. I don’t care if he thought I was annoying. I will encourage him until I can’t encourage him anymore. I was nervous for this one… I honestly don’t know how well he’s going to do. I just hope he doesn’t fall that’s the last thing I need right now.

As I walking to my spot to watch, Kirstie met up with me. She asked me where I was earlier. I told her Ryan’s in a weird mood and he needed me. She accepted… and then told me all about how much Jake moped around that I didn’t come to visit…. Right.

I let it go though. I was worked up… because of Ryan. He stressed me out so much! Jeez, dude. I’m not even the one racing and I’m terrified! I didn’t say anything once the gate drop. I just didn’t want to see that orange bike go down. What I saw really surprised me though. Ryan was out front… the whole race! Oh my gosh! I could not have predicted this! I couldn’t contain myself. I was so happy for him!

Leaving Kirstie behind, I went sprinting off to him He was getting a round of high fives from his team. He got off of his bike and was about to take his helmet off, but I rushed towards him and threw my arms around him.

“You did it!” I squealed as he spun me around.

“Pumped!” was the only thing he said.

Once he put me back down, I gave him a playful shove and left him to his media frenzy. That was awesome! I know I give my brother a hard time, but… I’m so proud of him. What he does is just so amazing.

As I was walking away, I glanced at the result tower. Jake’s number wasn’t in the top three. Oh, thank god! If he finished on the podium, he probably would have seen me interacting with Ryan and that obviously wouldn’t have been a good thing.

Knowing Ryan was going to take forever to get back to the pit since he won, I stopped by the Kawi setup. I saw Kirstie first. She congratulated me on the KTM win… quietly of course. She then went on to tell me that Jake was inside the hauler. She didn’t follow me though. I just shook my head, knowing she probably had a big goofy grin on her face as I walked away.

“Jacob…” I called out, peaking around the corner just in time to catch him tugging a beanie over his curls.

“Yeah?” he answered without looking at me.

“You did good tonight,” I told him with a smile. I think he finished fifth.

“Apparently, not good enough,” he muttered, keeping his eyes away from mine.

“What are you talking about? You did awesome,” I kept going.

“I guess if I would have won, you would have hugged me like that too, huh?” he shot a look over me, flashing off the hurt in his eyes. Uh oh.

“It’s not like that…” I knew he had saw Ryan and I after the race. Shoot! I didn’t want him to find out like this!

“No, it’s fine. Lead me on while you’re off with some other guy. Perfectly fine,” he countered.

“Jake…” I tried to get him to stop.

“Dungey, Kylee?! Of all people?!” he kind of lost it.

“If you would just…”

“I should have known! You’re dad working for the company he races for… him being who he is… you being the eye candy. Perfect for the brand right?”

“Jake! He’s my brother!” I nearly shouted at him.

He opened his mouth to reply, but my words had sunk in. His whole body kind of loosened then. It was still tenser than it usually is, but it made me feel a little better… but not by much!

“Your… brother?” he looked shocked.

“Yeah,” I replied softly.

“He’s… been your brother this whole time and you didn’t tell me?” he asked, still keeping his voice low.

“I liked you! But I knew you and him hated each other and if, by some chance, something did happen between us, I didn’t want it to be ruined by who my brother was,” I quickly explained.

He let out a heavy sigh and stepped closer to me. Without saying anything, he wrapped his arms around me tightly. This made it better! He’s hugging me! Obviously, he’s not mad at me… or hates me because I’m a Dungey!

“As long as you’re not with anyone else,” he muttered.

“Well… I’m not with anyone to begin with…” I teased.

“I don’t know though… I don’t know if could date a… Dungey,” he teased right back.

“It’s ok. I’ve been telling him I’m going to go find me a Weimer to hook up with for the past month,” I confessed.

He got a good chuckle out of this. But I’m glad he knows now! At least I don’t have to hide it around him anymore. Him kissing me after all of this, gave me all the assurance that I needed. He’s… ok with it… I’m assuming. Now, I just… need to kind of tell Ryan that I’m… with this guy that… he kind of hates. But what else is different from any other of my boyfriends he’s ever met?
♠ ♠ ♠
Ky

Comment??