I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Choosing Riding

After we all had breakfast, Jackson plopped himself down in the living room to play with his toys. Ryan had some KTM stuff to do today but he called earlier and cancelled it, knowing his sister needed him which I thought was really sweet. She curled up on the couch in Ryan’s arms and I decided to give them their sibling moment while I went to talk to Jake.

“I’ll be back in a few minutes,” I said to them.

“Where are you going?” Ryan questioned.

“I’ll explain later,” I replied, not wanting to upset Ky at all.

I gave him a soft kiss as well as Jackson before hugging Ky and heading out. I drove to the Weimer house and when I walked in, I was greeted by Riley.

“Auntie Kirstie!” She buzzed.

I kneeled down and hugged her tightly. When I tried to let go of her, she stayed attached to me.

“Where’s mommy?” Riley questioned.

“I already said mommy isn’t here now,” Jake’s voice came.

Riley pouted before Jake told her to go play upstairs. I stood up and Jake and I just stood there looking at each other. He glared at me slightly before crossing his arms.

“What do you want?” He asked. “Coming to tell me how terrible of a husband and dad I am again?”

“I’m sorry I yelled at you last night, I was just really angry,” I apologized.

“It’s okay,” Jake mumbled. “I shouldn’t have gotten that upset either.”

I accepted his apology before we shared a hug. The two of us sat down on the couch and I rested my hands on my baby bump.

“I still meant what I said about getting your priorities straight,” I stated

“But I do! I don’t understand why I can’t have my family and riding, why does it have to be one or the other?” Jake huffed.

“You can have both but right now you’re choosing riding,” I told him.

“I’m not!” He whined.

“You are!” I rebuttled. “Kylee and those kids are the best thing that has ever happened to you. Ky loves you so much and you have such wonderful kids, don’t put any of those things in jepordy.”

Jake leaned his elbows on his knees while his hands ran through his hair. I rubbed his back, knowing a lot was going through his head right now. I told him I’d take the kids so he could think and he agreed. I got the Weimer twins buckled into the car while Riley sat on the edge, saying she’d watch her brothers. Once I started driving back home, Riley spoke up.

“Where is mommy?” She asked.

“She’s at my house with Uncle Ryan and Jackson,” I told her.

“Why wasn’t she with us?” Riley pouted.

“Well…” I trailed off trying to think of something. “We thought we’d have a fun day together. Don’t you want to play with Jackson?”

“Yeah!” She buzzed.

Luckily this got her off the subject and she started babbling about all the things she wanted to do. It was really sweet and I’m glad she wasn’t worried. Hopefully Jake will come to his senses soon and realize his family is the most important thing because I know he thinks they are he just…isn’t showing it right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?