I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

It's You?

Some how, I had convinced Jake to come to my house… that I share with Ryan for dinner. I know that, they don’t get along, but… he’s my boyfriend! I want my boyfriend and brother to get along! Even if I know they hate each other, there’s this hope in me, that… maybe they’ll get along… I sure hope so!

But… I haven’t exactly told Ryan about it yet. I know that Kirstie was coming. He’s been… asking about her a lot more. It’s mostly about how her and boyfriend are doing. I could only assume that… he wants that title as her boyfriend. I think my brother has a little crush. Aw! And it’s on my best friend! Now, if only Kirstie would break up with her douche bag of a boyfriend.

While I was cooking, Ryan came into the kitchen. He got into the cupboards and got three plates out. I figured now would be the time to tell him that someone else was going to join us.

“So… I may have… invited someone else,” I pushed out.

“Oh, who?” he asked and grabbed another plate.

“The… guy that I’ve… kind of been seeing,” I spoke gently, feeling sick now.

“You’ve been seeing someone?!” his eyes grew the biggest that I had ever seen them.

“Yeah…” I tried to put on an innocent smile.

“And you didn’t tell me?” he pressed on.

“You kept saying you needed to find me one, so… I just let you go off and rant,” I giggled now.

“My sister… has a boyfriend. What?” he teased.

“Shut up! At least I don’t like your best friend,” I taunted back.

“I don’t like her!” he grumbled and walked out to the dinning room.

I just sent him a knowing look even though his back was to me. Shortly after this, there was a knock on the door. It… made me nervous. Ryan rushed to the door. What if it’s Jake?! But from the excited tone that he was talking in, I knew it was my friend.

“Did you know Kylee had a boyfriend?!” he asked Kirstie once the two stepped into the kitchen.

“Yeah…” she playfully cringed at him.

“Why didn’t anyone tell me?!” she threw his hands up in the air.

“I’m sure you’ll figure it…” I muttered and turned the stove off.

“What?” he asked, obviously not hearing me.

“Nothing,” I smiled at him way too brightly.

“Kylee!” he groaned at me as I went into the living room, making sure I was the one to get to the door first.

Kirstie and him stayed in the kitchen anyway. Do I see a relationship starting to spark? I think so! It’s cute though. Ryan needs a good girl in his life… and Kirstie needs a better boyfriend than what she has now! I didn’t have time to tease them about this though. Another knock rattled the door, putting my smile on my face. And when I saw that adorable face of his, it grew even more.

“Hey,” he beamed.

“You ready for this?” I was even more nervous now that he was here.

“I… don’t know,” he chuckled, but it showed that he was nervous.

I sure wasn’t! My heart was nearly pounding out of my chest right now. Oh my gosh. Ok… I can do this! If Jake can put his issue aside to do this for me, I can suck it up and do this for him.

“Hey, Ry…” I started before I made it out to him and Kirstie.

“Is he here?” he seemed rather happy now.

“Yeah…” I huffed.

After I replied, Jake reached for my hand, taking it in his to give it a squeeze. I turned around to show off the smile that he had put there. When I turned back, Ryan… was there. His eyes had already spotted Jake… I would describe it as shocked, but… I think it was a little more than that.

“Ryan, this is… Jake,” I felt the need to throw out there.

“So… it’s you?” was the first thing that came out of his mouth.

“Please don’t be rude,” I sighed.

He nodded his head… and went back into the kitchen. This kind of sat the tone for how dinner was going to go. It was… awkward! I should have known! But no negative comments were made. Communication between Jake and Ryan was just… non-existent. It’s a start though! Right? Maybe… next time will be better…
♠ ♠ ♠
Ky

Comment??