I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Getting There

After the first day of little Sammy being home, Jake and I let them to bond. Jackson hasn’t seen much of his sister either. I’m sure he was excited to get to know her. My parents and brothers have stayed there too, giving Jake and I some time alone with our babies.

Today, he noticed that Leland was trying to take steps. So, all six of us are in the living room, encouraging our little boys to walk. Riley was on the couch, not seeming as excited as Jake and I were as she played with a few toys.

“Do you think they’ll all learn at once?” he asked while he held onto Leland’s pudgy hands as he wobbled for balance.

“I hope not,” I huffed teasingly.

“It’d be fun,” he smiled and gradually let go of Leland’s hands.

He took a few steps on his own before he plopped down. His eyes shifted between Jake and I before he started giggling. Jake smiled brightly at his little boy before he reached out to pull him into his chest, giving his soft little face a few kisses. He giggled even more and tried to push his father’s face away.

“Me try!” Logan got excited as he bounced in my lap.

“You want to try and walk to daddy?” I smiled at him.

“Yeah!” he nearly squealed.

I giggled and helped him up onto his feet. He wiggled around a bit before he found his balance and Jake held his hands out for his son. After a few unsteady steps, he took off towards Jake and went right into his arms with his brother there too.

“You did it!” Jake cheered and showered him with kisses.

“Does our Lukey want to try?” I smiled at the little boy that was sitting next to me, watching his brothers. I’ve noticed his a bit more quiet than the other two. But he’s still the cutest thing.

He nodded his head and crawled into my lap. Like I did with Logan, I stood him up and allowed him to balance himself. He caught on rather quickly and walked right over to his daddy… who now had all three of the boys in his arms. With Lucas completing the trio, they all giggled. Jake lowered himself onto his back, holding his sons close, refusing to let go.

“Next step is riding!” Jake shouted excitedly.

“I don’t think so…” I butted in.

“You guys want daddy to teach you how to ride?” Jake asked them.

As if on cue, they all squealed yes at the same time… Riley even chimed in. She hasn’t been on the bike for a while. With the boys we haven’t had time to get her out to the track as much as Jake would like.

“Maybe in a few weeks we’ll have a big Weimer and Dungey ride day,” Jake suggested.

“Aw, I’d like that,” I couldn’t help but coo. Bring the family together… and Jake and Ryan.

“I would too,” Jake flashed off his smile as he sat back up with the babies still in his arms.

“I just want you and Ryan to get along again,” I pouted and moved closer to him.

“We’re… getting there,” he replied.

“Make you guys have a daddy day if you don’t straighten up,” I teased and wrapped my arms around his hunky middle while he still held onto the triplets.

“I… would like that too,” he told me with this little twinkle in his eyes.

“Aw!” I couldn’t hold in my coo.

Jakey loves my Ryan! This only made me want them to fix their little bromance even more. I think it’s starting to come around. They just haven’t been around each other enough lately to really show it rekindled. I’m hopeful they’ll get back to what they were. They have to! Jake’s not going anywhere, so Ryan better make nice!
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??