I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Didn't Really Expect Weimer

Once Jake and Kirstie left, I went back in the house to find Ryan cleaning up the kitchen. He… never really does that. What is this about? I don’t like it! He’s been so quiet tonight and now this!

“You want to hang in the living room for a minute? I kind of want to talk to you,” he spoke when I was about to go off into my room.

“About what?” I kind of knew what it was already, but I still asked.

“Just some things,” he shrugged.

With a huff, I let it go and walked into the living room only to plop down on the couch. It took him nearly fifteen more minutes before he sat next to me. I was kind of shut off though. I was upset about how it went. I pulled my knees to my chest and stayed focused on the carpet, allowing him to do all the talking.

“I… was really surprised,” he finally started.

“Why?” I still wouldn’t look at him.

“I didn’t exactly expect Weimer to walk through my front door hand in hand with you,” he tried to chuckle.

“I’m… sorry?” I didn’t know what he wanted me to say.

“I just… wow,” he sighed and rubbed his hand over his face.

“I can’t help that I like him,” I told him.

“I know, but… what made you even…”

“He’s Kirstie’s friend,” I cut him off.

“I know, but… if he’s Kirstie’s friend, how exactly did you two get to that point to decide that you wanted to… date?”

“Where do you think I go when she comes to hang out at the races?” I was finding his dumbness so entertaining.

“I didn’t think the Kawi pit!” he countered.

“He’s a nice guy,” I left it at that.

“But… do you like him or it this like… a way to get back at me?”

“Why would I do that?” I crinkled my brow up. Is he crazy?! I think so… I’m dating Jake just to tick him off? Yeah… that’s exactly why.

“I don’t know. I know why you would date the guy in the first place.”

“Because I like him!” Was he not hearing me?!

“Ok,” he seemed to give up.

And with that, I asked him if he had anything else to say. Giving me a no, I got up and went into my room for the night. That was a lovely chat. I just hope it gets better. I know it was a big shock to… everyone probably. But I hope in time, that Ryan realizes I really like this guy… he just… happens to really hate him right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??