I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

This Will Never Happen Again

I woke up in the morning feeling terrible. Last night Kevin wasn’t…very happy and took his aggression out on me. My face had some slight bruising and it also was on my arms. Because of this, as well as being so sore, I stayed in my room until Jake left to go ride.

Once I knew he was gone, I got out of bed and went downstairs to make myself some coffee. I looked down at my arms, letting out a soft sigh. All the sudden there was a knock on the door which made me jump.

“Kirstie, it’s me,” Ryan’s voice called out.

“I-I’m coming!” I shouted back.

I grabbed a hoodie and yanked it on to cover my arms and let my hair down from its ponytail to try to cover my cheeks.

“Hey, did I wake you up?” He asked, stepping inside obviously seeing me in my pajamas.

“No I just woke up a minute ago,” I replied. “You can sit down, I’ll be ready in just a second.”

Ryan smiled and plopped on the couch as I threw on some jeans and a long sleeve shirt. I pulled my hair up and was about to try to cover up my bruised cheeks with some makeup when Ryan walked in.

“Kirstie your coffee was ready,” He said, walking into the bathroom since the door was open.

“Thanks, I’ll be ready in a second,” I looked down to try to hide my face.

Ryan stepped closer as he gently said, “You don’t need any makeup, you’re beautiful without it.”

“I want it though,” I mumbled.

His gentle hand reached out he put his hand under my chin. Ryan lifted my head up to see me but his blue eyes grew wide, seeing the bruises. Darn it! One more minute and I could have had my makeup on.

“Kirstie,” Ryan gasped. “What happened?”

“Oh uh, you know how clumsy I am,” I stuttered. “I um… fell and…”

“Tell me the truth,” His sweet voice gently prodded.

I looked up at him and my bottom lip started quivering as tears glossed over my eyes. I opened my mouth to speak but a squeak was the only thing that came out before tears. Ryan’s eyes softened so much and he led me to my bed, where he sat down and held me close to him.

“Did someone do this to you?” Ryan inquired.

I nodded as I choked out, “K-Kevin.”

“Your boyfriend?” He asked. “How long has this been happening?”

“A couple months,” I sniffled.

Ryan pushed my sleeves up, seeing the bruises and he cooed, “Oh Kirstie. Why didn’t you break up with him?”

“I’m too scared,” I sobbed. “You’re the only one that knows.”

“This can’t keep happening, you have to break up with him,” Ryan said.

“But I’m afraid,” I cried.

“I’ll tell him for you, I’d like to give this guy a piece of my mind anyway,” He mumbled.

Ryan looked down at me and wiped away my tears. His eyes were full of sadness and kindness but he looked angry too. He then said with authority in his voice,”Kirstie, no one is ever going to do this to you again. I’m going to make sure of it.”

I just hugged up to him as I let out more tears. As hard as it was to tell someone, I’m relieved he found out. This is finally going to be over and with Ryan, I just feel so comfortable. I know I can trust him and he’ll protect me. In his arms I just feel like everything is going to be okay and I never want to leave his comfort.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kirstie

comments?