I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Her Big Brother

Ryan stayed with me for a long time, just comforting me and talking through everything. I told him I wanted to be alone for a little while though so he went home. I just sat there and thought for a long time before I picked up the phone. Once I made my first call, I dialed Ryan’s number.

"Kirstie, is everything okay?" He quickly asked.

"Yeah, I just called Kevin and broke up with him," I revealed.

"Aw Kirst, good for you," Ryan cooed. "How did he react?"

"...not well," I mumbled.

"I think it might be a good idea if you came and spent the night here," He suggested.

"Jake will be home in a while though," I added.

"I still think you should come here, if anything, just do it so I'll feel better," I knew he was softly smiling.

"Alright," I agreed.

I grabbed my stuff and scribbled out a note to Jake before leaving. When I got there, I saw Ky's car so I expected to find her with Ryan but when I walked in the living room she wasn't there.

"You did it Kirstie, you're done with him," Ryan beamed, getting up to hug me tight.

"I couldn't have done it without you though Ryan, this is all thanks to you," I looked up at him. "I wish I could do something to thank you."

His eyes focused on mine as he gently rubbed my back saying, "You not getting hurt is all the thanks I need."

Ryan led me up to his room where he sat on the bed and pulled me close to him. It felt so wonderful and I felt so safe and protected. I stole a glance at him but I saw a harsh look as he stared in the distance. I had never seen him look like that before.

"What's wrong?" I softly asked.

"I...I'm just so angry and upset," He mumbled.

"About what?" I prodded.

"Everything," Ryan muttered. "The fact that your boyfriend beat you, that Jake didn't stop it, that Kylee is dating a guy that can't protect her and my sister and I had a big fight earlier."

"About Jake?" I asked.

"Yeah. I told her she couldn't see him," Ryan said, getting all worked up. "If he can't protect his own best friend he certainly can't protect my sister!"

"But Jake didn't know, I never told him. It's my fault Ryan," I replied.

"No it's not. Jake should've noticed! If I figured it out, the guy who is supposed to be your best friend who lives with you should have figured it out!" He huffed.

"Ryan," I gently said. "I think you just have a lot of emotions right now and you're upset."

He let out a sigh, leaning his back up against the headboard. Ryan rubbed his hands on his face before looking at me and gently placing his hands on top of my smaller ones.

"I just hate the fact that this happened to you and I want you, and my sister to be protected," He sighed.

"Jake does watch out for me, and he takes great care of Kylee," I smiled at him. "Besides, she'll always have her big brother to take care of her."

"That's true," He softly chuckled.

After this, Ryan pulled me up against his chest. He held me tightly and stroked my back with one hand while the others delicately ran over the bruises on my arms, seeming to make them feel better just by his gentle touch. I couldn't tell if all of these feelings I was having were because I really liked Ryan or because of all the emotions I have and the fact that he saved me from Kevin. I'll just go with the latter and hope that once this was all over, all these feelings go away.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?