I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Oh, Come on!

Jake asked me out for lunch today. It was unexpected, but super sweet. I thought he’d be off riding, but… I went to the little restaurant and there he was. He got up as I got over to pull me in for a quick hug. Aw! He’s so cute. Once we were seated once more, we ordered and had plenty of time to chat.

“How are you and your brother doing?” he started first.

“Ok,” I shrugged.

“Just ok?” he pressed on.

“I mean… he says he supports us, but… I don’t know yet,” I answered.

“Kirstie has this weird idea that we should be friends,” he shook his head.

“What… exactly is stopping that?”

He looked back at me without blinking for a few long seconds. It showed that he was thinking. I just wasn’t getting a quick reply.

“It’s just… It’s Dungey,” he chuckled.

“That’s not good enough!” I laughed as well.

“We just… never got along,” he shrugged.

“Maybe you should though,” I tired to encourage.

“I don’t know,” he rubbed at the back of his neck so cutely. No! You can’t be cute right now! I’m trying to be stern!

“For me?” I pouted at him.

“Don’t do that,” he groaned teasingly.

“You’d be welcomed at my house though! Imagine how great that would be!” I kept going.

“Do you… think him and Kirstie…” he changed subjects, but it sparked my interest.

“Yes!” he didn’t even have to finish.

“I was afraid of that,” he huffed playfully.

“Why? Oh my gosh, they’d be so cute,” I couldn’t hold back.

“You’ve… known about this haven’t you?” his smile slowly started to take over.

“She won’t tell me if she likes him or not, but… I know how my brother is when he likes a girl and… he’s acting like it,” I told him.

“This is just great! I’m dating a Dungey and now my best friend may end up with a Dungey,” he taunted more.

“Well, if you play your cards right, maybe I eventually won’t be a Dungey,” I played along.

“Putting pressure on me already?” his eyebrow raised towards me.

“Not until we get Ryan and Kirstie together,” I giggled this time. This could be fun.

“I don’t know…”

“Oh, come on!” I was all for this idea though.

“How are we going to make that happen?” he was coming around to it.

I thought about it for a little bit. Jake wasn’t much help. I just came up with dinner at Ryan’s. I’d invite her over and make dinner… for her and Ryan. I’d make sure that the dinning room was a little romantic and… just leave! It should work perfectly! I thought it was cute. Jake was just kind of like whatever. It has to work! And while they’re off being all cutesy together, Jake and I can have our own date night. Ah! I can’t wait!
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??