I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

It's Not Like That

The longer the night went on without hearing anything from Kirstie or Ryan, the more I thought that everything had went as planned. Hopefully, they were curled up snuggly in bed like Jake and I were right now. We had a quiet night. It was cute though. I loved it. It ended in us cuddling throughout the night.

But when morning came, I woke up to Jake still nestled into my shoulder. He looked so precious! His shaggy hair was swooped over his face, but it was short enough that I could see his smooth features. His plump lips were parted too, just adding to it all. The sight made me smile. I couldn’t keep myself from reaching other and planting a kiss to his forehead. The light touch caused his long lashes to twitch before he allowed his eyes to flutter open, revealing those beautiful irises of his.

“Good morning,” I smiled once he looked up at me.

He mumbled it back, but tired to nuzzle back into the bend of my neck. His action made me giggle and hold onto him tighter. Once he was relaxed, he let out a heavy sigh that tickled my skin.

“I haven’t heard from Kirstie,” I spoke softly as my hand found its way into his soft curls.

“She’s probably all cozy with Ryan,” he replied, keeping his eyes closed as he spoke.

“They’d be good for each other,” I told him as my fingers kept slowly running through his hair.

“I guess,” he muttered.

“I worry about the girls Ryan’s into though. I never know about them. I don’t know if they truly like him for him or if it’s just because he’s Ryan Dungey. At least with Kirstie I know there’s probably something more there,” I confessed.

“I’m not too thrilled of the thought of Kirstie dating right away yet though,” he conversed.

“Ryan wouldn’t ever hurt her,” I assured him.

“I know, but…” he trailed off shrugging.

He’s Ryan Dungey,” I added in a mocking tone. It made him chuckle though. Add that with his groggy, morning voice and I was slowly melting into his arms all over again.

“No,” he countered, “I’m… kind of over that I guess.”

“You what?” I looked at him. Did he just… say that?

“I mean… I’m with his sister. If he can put our dilemma aside for me to date you, then I guess I can do the same for him and Kirstie.”

“Aw,” I cooed, letting my smile come through.

He just chuckled once more and nuzzled back into my shoulder. As giggles came out of me, I cuddled back into him. This is how our morning went. Before we decided to get up, we heard movement coming from down the hall. Seconds later, Jake’s door slowly cracked opened, revealing Kirstie.

“Is it safe?” she asked.

“Nope,” Jake spoke first. “Let me get clothes,” he added.

“It’s fine,” I told her, giving him a playful shove.

She rolled her eyes before stepping in and grabbing a pillow that had fallen on the floor. I thought she was going to throw it at Jake… but she threw it at me!

“What was that for?!” I asked her after it hit me.

“You tried to make a romantic dinner for Ryan and I!” she threw back.

“But!” I started.

“It’s not like that, Ky!” she kept going.

“But… where were you all night?” Jake stepped in.

“I stayed at his house until about midnight and then came home. You guys weren’t around, so…” she trailed off to shrug.

“Why didn’t we hear her?” I looked at him now.

“You really asked that question?” Kirstie giggled.

I just sent her glare. That wasn’t funny! We just cuddled!... and maybe shared a few kisses. That was it. But… her and Ryan… didn’t go anywhere. Really?! I thought for sure… I need to talk to Ryan! This is happening. One of them has feelings for the other, if not both. If I can’t get Kirstie to admit it, then I can for sure make my brother spill the beans!
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??