I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

But... No

The boys’ next race, Kirstie and I decided to stay home. It was over on the east coast… and I really didn’t want to sit through those long plane rides. So, we let the boys have their fun… and Kirstie and I had our girls’ weekend. That Friday, we went shopping. We didn’t buy too much, but just hanging out and being a normal girl instead of this moto chick was nice for a change. The next night though, Kirstie and I were planted in front of the TV in Ryan and I’s living room, watching Ryan and Jake.

“Is it bad that I secretly want Ryan to win?” I confessed.

“I’m telling Jake!” she turned me with a huge, teasing grin on her face.

“But he’s my brother!” I debated.

“But Jake’s your boyfriend!”

“But… I can’t choose! They both can’t win!”

“Your own boyfriend,” she taunted on.

“Shut up! You’re wearing orange tonight anyway!” I countered.

“… So?! You’re wearing green and you want Ryan to win!” she bickered back.

“It’s bad luck to wear team colors if I’m not there,” I told her and stuck my nose in the air.

“Oh my gosh. You are not superstitious,” she laughed at me.

“I so am! It’s really bad if I don’t go,” I couldn’t help but giggle at myself as well.

“I should have sent you off; have a weekend all to myself,” she muttered.

“You should have… I miss Jake,” I pouted and crossed my arms.

“It’s not like you haven’t talked to him fifty times today,” she replied.

“Forty-nine, thank you very much!” I played along.

“You two…” she shook her head, but a smile was still there.

“He’s my Jakey,” I sighed happily.

“I’ve never seen him so crazy about a girl before… It’s… kind of pathetic,” she laughed.

“He’s cute!” I corrected her.

She just looked at me with disgust on her face. I just laughed. Ok. We won’t go there now. But… there was something else I wanted to talk to her about.

“How are you and Ryan with your non relationship?” I asked her.

“Still at a non relationship?” she laughed at me.

“You don’t… like him just a little?” I questioned more.

“He’s cute, Ky, but… no,” she shook her head.

“Why? Jake and I started because I thought he was cute.”

“But Jake thought you were cute too, so I pushed you two together,” she replied.

“But Ryan thinks you’re cute and I tired to push you two together and nothing happened!” I groaned.

“It’s not going to happen. Just let it go,” she obviously didn’t want to talk about it. But I did! Why can’t she talk to me? I want her and Ryan to get together! I thought for sure it would happen by now. Apparently, I was wrong. I hate being wrong. Maybe in time it will happen… or I can work on Ryan a bit more to get him to ask her out instead of me springing a romantic dinner on them…
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??